Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Bar codes sack Hughton.
  • nickc

Nuts

j_me
    Free Member

Looney-toons !

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

chapeau j_me.

madpies!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That’s disgusting, just because they want a big name in charge, bring back KK 🙄 Or maybe be they’ve got She-ra lined up.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Mental. They’re doing ok for a team just promoted; it’s not like they’re West Ham or owt

The Newcastle board have short memories.

Hughton seemed to be doing a decent job.

MrSparkle

As long as they keep their hands off Coyle I don’t really care who they get. It just seems a mad move to make. Hughton got them back up and has stabilised them. He also seems a decent guy. Ashley, er, doesn’t.

tonyg2003

Is Ashley the most unbeleivably stupid chairman on this earth. We are mid table – with no major purchases this year – having just beaten the Macams 5-1. Hardly relagation stuff. What about Wolves and West Ham have they panicked? Did the Macams sack Bruce?

j_me
    Free Member

very good TSY 🙂

Who do they think will bring the Goals to Newcastle then ?

woody2000

More comedy on the Toon wiki page. New manager has already been appointed! 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Let’s all laugh at Newcastle. FTM

Garry_Lager

People saying Alan Pardew is lined up?!?? Sounds like a wind-up but he’s 4/6 at the bookies. What a circus of a club.

Haze

Idiots.

carbon337
    Free Member

I was a season ticket holder up until 2 years ago – still go to games regullarly and been a fan for 20 years.

I liked Houghton – seemed a decent guy however he was never going to last in the job – due to our history of this kind of thing you knew it was always round the corner and news stories are never far off (smoke & fire and all that).

I have mixed feelings about this – he was a really nice bloke and a great motivator and possibly only needing another 21 points – 7 games to secure safety. The club could have then done this move later in the year giving the new guy a pre-season and full transfer window for cleatout and replcements. Move Houghton over nicely and with some credability.

However on the other hand we are very very poor, so one dimensional and slow as a team. A few very good surprise results wrapped us up nicely as a good team but we arent. No disclipne or intelligence throgh the side (needless sendings off recently). Rellying on Andy Carroll – without his goals we would be bottom. A very weak squad )ok starting 11) but once we loose a player from that select group we are screwed – is this Houghtons fault – no money etc?

So Mr Ashley has stiched us up again – in papers for wrong reasons again. Or a good move maybe, giving a new manager longer and a transfer window to do some manouvering – securing 40 ish points by Feb? Who knows but one thing we will always be entertained – either good or bad.

It all swings on who he brings in – MON is suggested but I cant see him working under these conditions (AVFC and the owner there).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t know why, but I dislike Newcastle more than any other football club. I’m really hoping this spells relegation for them. Sorry.

Maybe it’s the sight of fat bare chested geordie blokes crying that does it for me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m a Leeds fan but have a few mates who are toon fans and Hughton seemed to be the man who was getting them back on track. Called upon x number of times when ‘big names’ have failed to live up to expectation, no/little money to spend over the summer (?? can’t remember them signing anyone really), promoted in his first full season in charge, rewarded with a permanent contract and now sh*t upon because they’re not in the top 6 or whatever.

Nice guy, good club (one of the tiny number I have a big of respect for since they nearly went through the same rubbish I’ve had to endure as a Leeds fan) but unfortunately run by a moron. IMHO Pardew would be a backward step over Hughton…

epo-aholic
    Free Member

hop they get relegated, i FU**ING hate Mike Ashley……..

Dare say Martin O’Neil will be walking through the door in a day or 2.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Shame on the club. Seemed a nice genuine guy and not doing badly at all considering.

The fans deserve better from the board. Still, the southern papers will get some mileage out of it.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Purple, the name and the colour, comes from a dye made from the mucus glands of a tropical sea snail, the murex (porphyra in Greek, purpura in Latin). This discovery is attributed to the Phoenician god Heracles, the guardian deity of the city of Tyre. One day his dog bit into a murex shell and its mouth immediately turned purple. His companion, the beautiful nymph Tyrus, declared she would sleep with the god only if he dyed her a garment in the same shade. Heracles obliged and the famous Tyrian purple dye was born.

MrSparkle

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight…… 🙄

lister

I despair. It’s not like we’re West Ham (results wise)ffs! Another wasted season as the new manager comes out with the ‘don’t judge me on this season’ quotes.
    Just when we could have had a mediocre mid table season and then started a slow and controlled improvement we’re likely to end up with a relegation battle with Curbisley or someone equally bland/daft/desperate in charge.
    And where is the sense, Ashley has just devalued his club even more?

I hate being a Newcastle fan!

geoffj

Dennis Wise apparently 😯

MrSparkle

No way. Where have you heard that??

geoffj

No way. Where have you heard that??

*taps nose 😉

Philby

Another Leeds fan here. I think Ashley’s treatment of Hughton is appalling – you were in a reasonable position for a first season back in the Premiership and had spent little money in the transfer market compared to most other teams. Ashley seems to want to create a circus out of your club with the Keegan / Wise saga, followed by the nutter Joe Kinnear, and then Dowie / Shearer, and now Hughton. Which decent manager in their right mind would work for this clown?

Good luck for the rest of the season!

MoT

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just where exactly do they think they belong? Hughton’s a sound bloke. Brings them back up easily enough. They’ve had some bloody good results. He obviously had the dressing room. I really thought Newcastle might settle down this season, consolidate and build. But no, it appears as though they want to be the basket case of the premiership again.

johnfb
    Free Member

Good riddance to bad rubbish that’s what I say. Hughton’s been nothing but bad news for our club. Cockney imposter. Throwing temper tantrums and mouthing off about the board, players and backroom staff since he got there. Wingeing on about his perfectly generous contract the whole time. His signings have been cack, just look at that Ben Arthur I’ve hardly seen him all season, where’s he been, lazy beggar. And that Tiote, what a waste of space he is, the sooner we sell him and get Alan Smith back into the engine room the better. Why isn’t Xisco playing? Hughton’s got no eye for talent like Wise did. If it wasn’t for Hughton we wouldn’t have been relegated in the first place. He’s an undignified idiot. Ashley doesn’t deserve him.

Bring back Keegan and Shearer that’s what me and all my geordie mates say. A bit of stability that’s what we need. We all hate what Hughton’s done to ruin the good name of NUFC. We’re a massive club and should be fighting it out in the Champions league next season. C’mon Ashley! Ha’way the lads!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bring back Keegan and Shearer that’s what me and allmy geordie mates say. We’re a massive club and should be fighting it out in the Champions league next season. C’mon Ashley! Ha’way the lads!

allthegear
    Free Member

Spooted on that Facebook: “Breaking news at St James’ Park – Gazza has been spotted arriving at st james, with a fishing rod, a chicken and a copy of football manager 2011”

johnfb
    Free Member

Gazza has been spotted arriving at st james, with a fishing rod, a chicken and a copy of football manager 2011

He’s a busy lad – I’d swear someone told me he was round Steve Bruce’s gaff on Nov 1st.

coogan
    Free Member

On BBC website just now…

BREAKING NEWS: EX-SPURS BOSS MARTIN JOL HAS LEFT AJAX
    By ‘mutual consent’. And I’m saying absolutely zilch about the newly-created Newcastle job…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

just look at that Ben Arthur I’ve hardly seen him all season

Are you having a laugh? He was in the side regularly wasn’t he but then broke his leg???

lister

yes, I think he was having a laugh…for the whole post! 🙂

Martin Jol…a man who chews his shillabullsh…not sure how I feel about him if he’s on his way.

Still confused about the whole thing to be honest!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ah, re-read it and saw this bit “Hughton’s got no eye for talent like Wise did” and then realised he must be having a laugh/is mental.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Bar codes sack Hughton.’ is closed to new replies.