Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Banshee Morphine, anyone got one?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Pic's and opinions invited if so, thanks 😀

psychle
    Free Member

Not you kiddy1 (if you read this), I know you have one 😆

psychle
    Free Member

Is it altogether too burly to consider as an do-it-all hardtail? Would it be too much to ride around trail centres etc? Should I just get a Chameleon??

psychle
    Free Member

quick bump for the day crowd 😀

MrAgreeable

If you want an all-dayer have a look at the Scirocco – takes anything from 4" to 6" forks, nice and light, lots of neat details on the frame. The two tone colour scheme of the new ones looks boss. Here's the missus on hers:

Edit: Banshee are called Mythic in the UK and the Scirocco now seems to be known as the Viento.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/shop/frames/hardtail/191-mythic-viento-frame

Olly
    Free Member

i want one, or something like it.
    dont have the money though 🙁

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think they are the frames that no one has ever been able to break.

Never ridden one, but they look ugly and as a do it all i personally wouldnt bother with it. Probably be a bit harsh on the back end to say the least, if your planning on doing some longer rides with it.

Probably quite heavy too. Id go with a chameleon or stiffee if you want alu, or a dialled/genesis alptitude/on one/dmr if you want steel

psychle
    Free Member

Well, I'm thinking of putting my E150 fork on it and running (you guessed it!) an alfine rear, so the sliding dropout is attractive… though it is very burly!

MrAgreeable

It weighs nearly 7lbs, as opposed to the 4-and-a-bit of the Chameleon, Stiffee, Viento etc. Chammer sounds like a much better choice if you want to use an Alfine.

psychle
    Free Member

yep, 'tis a heavy frame. Though I'm not exactly a light weight myself 🙄 I think it is too much for an all day hard-core trail bike…

What about an Orange Sub zero then?

Though I'd have to run a chain tensioner if I went with this…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Morphine, anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.