Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Banning the middle classes and legal professionals from dangerous sports
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

People love bans don’t they. Would put a stop to all this suing malarkey when one of societies important people spanner themselves.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Riding BKB is not a dangerous sport even for a middle class solicitor.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but who would the working class hero’s get all upset about? Your denying them some basic human rights of being outraged for no good reason.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ mikewsmith – Don’t worry there’s a long list to work through.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Suppose you would have to exclude sailing and equine related activities there would be no one left to do them.

Could be an unwritten thing amongst organisers, subject to vetting/interrogation/references. Just draw up arbitrary rules, you know drives a German whip banned, reaches out banned, touches base banned, let’s you own it banned, wears a suit banned, wears an expensive watch banned, works for a corporate company or any legal or affiliated organisation banned.

Obviously you would catch some aspirational carrot on a stick fodder, eggs and omelette ****-em.

These types you’d be doing a favour, you wouldn’t want them damaging their knees would you.

curto80
    Free Member

You lot can GFYs, I’ll do what I want

crankboy
    Free Member

is there a story behind this thread ? and what’s a BKB?

jam-bo

surely rugby is more dangerous than biking.

shermer75
    Free Member

is there a story behind this thread ? and what’s a BKB?

An MTB instructor was successfully sued recently after a client injured themselves on a trail in Surrey called ‘Barry Knows Best’ (BKB)

teasel
    Free Member

BKB = Barry Knows Best. A short downhill section in the Surrey Hills.

There’s a thread about some dude suing for busting himself whilst being taught not to or somesuch…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Crankboy BKB is a reference to a recent court case where a solicitor was unfortunately badly injured on a course while riding a run called Barry Knows Best

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops cross posts!!

wwaswas

Didn’t we do this to death at the time?

teasel
    Free Member

Heh

Love the different wording.

crankboy
    Free Member

Ta, all don’t ban me I only sue motorists who drive in to me.

irc

Happens in other sports.

In February 2002 a man was injured whilst using a bouldering wall. He tried to make a dynamic move and cartwheeled in the air, landing on his head. He was extremely unlucky, sustaining terrible injuries and is now tetraplegic.

The wall had adequate safety matting and was a standard bouldering wall. The fact that the climber suffered such serious injuries seems to be down to very bad luck:

“There was no criticism of the matting, which could be expected in most instances to cushion safely any climber who fell, it is obvious that, even with this matting, it was possible that a climber who fell awkwardly might be injured.” Court of Appeal Judgement

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item/44786/climbing_wall_court_case_-_appeal_overturned

You can understand a badly injured person trying it on with a claim but unless there is gross negligence there are some activities where injury is just a risk you need to accept. Or don’t do them.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Middle class southerners vs working class northerners

Both pretty good at riding, and crashing 😀

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/this-is-peaty-lastorders-ep-3-north-vs-south-video-2016.html

(okay, I made up the class, but we all know northerners are working class 😛 )

doris5000

you know drives a German whip banned,

see man banning a German whip

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Index linked banned, new build executive home banned, shops at Waitrose banned, delivered by Ocado banned, artisanal coffee drinker banned, child named Jago banned, children in private education banned, private healthcare banned, obsessed with house prices banned.

Could solve a lot of problems like this no.

@ jam bo – Rugby has an inbuilt hazing system that mostly works, equipment sports less so!

tomhoward

In the last 12 months, have you got something wrong?

Yes? Do carry on.
    No? GTFO.

flossie
    Free Member

I’d argue that it’s probably the plasterers, plumbers, electricians, bin men, care workers who would be a greater loss to society than solicitors, project managers for a large organisation, estate agents, business consultants etc.

sirromj

And ban them from hairdressers & barber shops too.

matt_outandabout

Can we not just have a revolution and shoot them?

jimjam
    Free Member

What is the trail in question actually like?

crankboy
    Free Member

jimjam from my extensive experience of watching 2 YouTube videos today not at all bad . spooky woods at glentress or indeed cony bren red are more intimidating. As an unfit 50 year old I’d happily ride it tomorrow. Mind you if I came off and ended up in a wheelchair for life if there was an argument to say someone else’s insurance should compensate me I’d explore it.
    I broke a cheekbone at spookywoods my issue but if I was paying for tuition at the time is it not the teachers job to ensure I was ready technically for the challenge he set ? On the reported facts I disagree with the finding but not the principal that teacher is legally responsible for pupil’s safety within the tasks teacher selects for pupil.

I disagree as it seems a freak accident hit random clod oddly fell baddly rather than pushed beyond limits of someone who has been ridding for years.
    Note the bkb route may be steeper than it looks in vids.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What is the trail in question actually like?

A lot of fun. Flowing, a bit jumpy if you want it, a bit rolly if you need it. A rather lovely little trail. Not super gnar, but a lot of fun.

imnotverygood

If you banned solicotors who would represent the working classes with their imaginative whiplash claims?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Ban middle classes? What have I done to deserve such treatment.

You fackin working scum class.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ imnotverygood – Exactly.

@ Larry_Lamb – Look out of your window see them burning torches.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Banning the middle classes and legal professionals from dangerous sports’ is closed to new replies.