Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Banksy
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Am I the only one here to think he is massively overated?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Probably.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Suckers!

yunki
    Free Member

we've been a bit of a fan of Banksy round this way since the late 80's during Britains first golden age of graffiti art…

this guy is my favorite though;

I got his book for christmas.

Was'nt a fan cos i didnt know who/what it was. but a bit of a fan now

well done.
    very good.
    we need more people like this guy.

CHB

Absolutely love Banksy. The combination of wit, subtlety and audaciousness needed for some of his work it brill. Much better than the hag tracy emmin anyday. (Excuse spelling, its early).

petefromearth

i don't follow art especially, but the effect banksy has had on bristol is fantastic. wander through stokes croft and new street art is happening before your eyes. people are actually excited to see what will happen next, and the other artists that have emerged just keep raising the bar

yet another reason why bristol is the best place in the world 🙂

his recent exhibition was fantastic (what queue? 7pm, last two days, walked straight in!)

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Real urban hero!

(Rumours are about he used to do the artwork for our sound system many years ago but I'm not so sure)

trailmonkey

Am I the only one here to think he is massively overated?

Care to follow that up with reasons why he's overated ? Is there something else comparable that's under rated ? Do you think his work lacks meaning, lacks technical merit or skill ? Or do you just not like it and are making a value judgement based on taste?

Personally I'd say he's rated accordingly with the number of people who like what he does.

myheadsashed

Wasn't 3D one of the pioneers of urban 'art' in Bristol?

yunki
    Free Member

3D.. banksy… Inkie.. Glodie.. and a few others that I can't recall..

myheadsashed

Goldie was from Wolverhampton – no?

Im off to dig out my dusty copy of Spray can Art the book of choice at school in the 80's 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Yeah.. Goldie was from the midlands.. but Glodie however was definately from Bristol.. the nice bit just by Clifton.. near the old glodmine..

Moses

The glodmine? That must be the cave under Burwalls on the other side of the gorge, just up from the cycletrack.

grantway
    Free Member

I see plenty of his stuff in and around London
    Most of them put a smile on me face So good work.
    A great one is children saluting a Tesco carry bag
    attached to a flag pole in Essex rd Islington.
    This has been de-faced a couple of times.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Banksy’ is closed to new replies.