Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Banksy exhibition in Bristol
  • piemann
    Free Member

Has anyone from STW been? Are the queues as bad the media suggest?

pjt201
    Free Member

worse i'd say. I want to go, but when i walk past it at 8:30am in the morning and there are already about 30-40 people queuing when it doesn't open until 10am i'm slightly put off.

flatfish
    Free Member

i drive past quite regularly during the day and the queues are awful

schnullelieber
    Free Member

My girlfriend went on Wednesday afternoon and queued for 90 minutes to get in, then more queues inside for the different rooms i think.

But she loved it too.

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

yeah, 2 hour wait on sunday. its apparently getting worse as its only on for another few weeks.

tangobravo
    Free Member

yup queued for 90 min to get in. It is quite good but it is full of pretentious tossers. Shame they dont get the irony that they are looking at "real" art without intending to, they are only there for banksy and seem to just barge anything else out of the way as "old crap".

Lots of stupid shoes and glasses…

piemann
    Free Member

I think we're just gonna bite the bullet and queue as long as we have to.

I was kinda hoping they had been exaggerated, but apparently not. 😥

redthunder
    Free Member

Why don't you look at other graffiti elsewhere 😉

Lol…. so true.

Lots of stupid shoes and glasses…

gohan
    Free Member

i went on a thursday morning, half hour wait in the rain but well worth the wait, lots of stuff you can easily miss if your not paying attention,

cheers_drive

The queues are massive (get there early) but worth it IMO. I especially enjoyed the caged 'animals' section.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon I might have been the first from STW to make it to the Banksy…it opened for liggers and hangers only on the Friday night and I went on the Saturday using the logic that while the rest of the country hadn't had a chance to arrange the visit, that the queue on opening weekend might be the shortest of the whole exhibition. And for once, I was right. We only queued for around half an hour….it was busy though when we got in.

It is quite good but it is full of pretentious tossers.

Mleh, you're at an exhibition man! I haven't ever been in a gallery that wasn't full of pretentious tossers. There are a lot of people in there "just 'cos it Banksy innit" but what's wrong with that anyway? Your patronising assertion that they don't really "understand" what they're seeing while you however "get" it is just as pretentious if not more than that of your mateys in the stupid shoes and glasses. And what makes their shoes and glasses stupid anyway? Can we see the ones you were wearing just so we have a baseline?

billybob
    Free Member

yup queued for 90 min to get in. It is quite good but it is full of pretentious tossers. Shame they dont get the irony that they are looking at "real" art without intending to, they are only there for banksy and seem to just barge anything else out of the way as "old crap".

I found the most annoying people there the ones taking poor quality mobile phone & camera pics for to show on facebook. Look with your eyes people, stop watching the world through a 2" lcd screen.

KonaTC

Where in bristol is it?

billybob
    Free Member

the bristol museum

swamp_boy

Was working in Bristol for a couple of days mid week and went past the museum, big queues at 8.30, some of them must have been waiting there for ages. Swamp girl got in, was actually more taken with the regular museum exhibits, the Banksy stuff was interspersed among them, probably to make it seem a bit more spontaneous.

Nice to be in Bristol again, had forgotten what a nice friendly town it is.

BTW front tyre on the ice cream van in pic above is back to front.

Moses

Yes, it's worth the wait. It's the first art exhibition I've been to that made me laugh out loud, and the ideas & execution are great. We overheard people in the queue say that this was the first art gallery they'd been to, so if it brings new people into the museum that must be good.

timber

I went the second or third week and barely had enough time to eat my lunch in the queue

Quite like the way it draws you around the rest of the museum – I was drawn to a wooden sculpture, a collection of local bricks and a rather smart bench with backrests that could be flipped so you could sit either side, got more photos of that than anything else

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

wanna go, but don't have time to q

Olly
    Free Member

i wasnt impressed myself.

if your one of the 90% who could care less who banksy was before he was fashionable, youll love it.

its not the same as it was when it was subtle and illegal and witty and by one person.

its now just a whole load of really obvious toilet jokes by a fashionable collective

duntmatter
    Free Member

timber – sounds like an old Blackpool tram seat made of bricks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Banksy exhibition in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.