Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • banks aaaarrrrghhhhh
  • kimbers

ok applying for a mortgage all going fine

mortgage company comes sends out guy to give us agreement to sign
    over phone it was mentioned id have to show ID and 3 months wage slips

guy turns up sign documents, nope dont need wage slips

few days later get phone call from mortgage people need some wage slips

ok so we post them

few days later ring up sorry bank is really busy at them moment will be 48 hrs before we can look at it
    a week later natwest have finally got round to looking at our application ring me up to say they need 3 months bank statements before they can go any further faxed today if possible
    so i have to cycle back home at lunch to grab my wifes bank statements and print off my internet bank statements as i dont receive paper statements
    but after another phonecall im told these arent good enough i need them stamped by my bank,
    so go to lloyds, im sorry we dont stamp them anymore only the ones sent through the post are valid they will take up to a week to reach you

so ive taken a 2hr lunchbreak ill have to work back tonight, ive sweated my ass off cycling all over town and those smug @*@%* sit in their air conditioned offices doing what exactly

how hard can it be? if i want to buy anything else i just add it to my pasket and go to proceed to check out, even a loan can be got over the phone and signed for in a day

grrrrrrr

project
    Free Member

They dont want to give you a mortgage,and are just looking for problems to stop you, at least its not the bank that used to be called abbey, there they want let you have your OWN money out.

2 weeks time things will change, despite who wins.

sobriety
    Free Member

Nice, I have all this to look forward too, having had an offer accepted today…

woody2000

Take your business elsewhere? I've used ING direct for my last 2 mortgages, it all went very smoothly. Maybe you're a bad debt and they're just too nice to tell you? 🙂

dickydutch

Natwest, by and large, are a bunch on incompetent twa*s anyway.
    I applied for a loan and was having an interview with one of the women who work there. She actually asked me how to work out percentage rates and check her sums for her. Unbelievable.

kimbers

well lloydstsb have been a nightmare in general

what bank is best

whats this new metrobank going to be like?

uplink
    Free Member

so ive taken a 2hr lunchbreak ill have to work back tonight, ive sweated my ass off cycling all over town and those smug @*@%* sit in their air conditioned offices doing what exactly

That's awful

Have you thought of buying a car?

funkynick

kimbers… Nat West accepted printed out bank statements from my Halifax account, although they are pdfs which look almost exactly like the statements they send through the post.

Can't you offer to log into your account while at the branch, so they can see the statements and then let them print them out for you there?

We actually found Nat West to be pretty good when we got our mortgage about 8 months ago…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘banks aaaarrrrghhhhh’ is closed to new replies.