Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bank holiday drivers,
  • project
    Free Member

Well there seem to have been various types(nutters) out over the weekend,

The middle lane hoggers club, where out in force,and whats this stupid habit they have of when you flash them to tell them its safe top pull in in front of you,to let other cars past, they brake hard, and use some sort of semaphore signalling with their hands,usually something quite offensive.

Then we have the PowerRanger appreciation society, the middle aged slightly overweight, (dont ride a MTB )dressed from head to tail in leather, and always wearing a white t shirt underneath,usually terrifiying the elderley drivers or racing an audi or bmw, or even sitting outside some road side caravan selling coffee,

Then we have the cushion club, 2 cushions palced on the back window parcel shelf, cant go faster than 30 mph,

Then there are the swerves, drivers who overtake you and suddenly swerve left at the junction just in front of you, especially prevelant on motorways,

Theres also the cars with dodgy roofs and doors, that the drivers have to hold onto tightly, especially in traffic jams, in case the roof or door blows off.

Then there are the following motorists that drive within feet of your rear bumper, getting high on unleaded petrol fumes,

Anyone else experience similar drivers over the weekend.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

We had to drive from Ruthin to Manchester at the weekend. That is a lot of small road for a lot of tediously slow old people.

fadda

I stayed with family in a little hamlet in the middle of rural cornwall. On Sunday, a tractor came through at a reckless 12 or 13 mph.

I think that was the only vehicle we saw… 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The middle lane hoggers club, where out in force,and whats this stupid habit they have of when you flash them to tell them its safe top pull in in front of you,to let other cars past, they brake hard, and use some sort of semaphore signalling with their hands,usually something quite offensive.

But that isn't why you are flashing them though is it? And all it does is wind people up and cause more friction on the roads.

Cougar

The 40mph brigade were out in force this weekend. NSL road – 40mph. 40 zone – 40mph. Down to 30mph in a built-up area, still doing 40 and now pulling away from me. Back to NSL, ten seconds after I wind back up to 60 they're under the feet again.

And what is it with people being unable to change lanes if it's raining?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The 40mph brigade were out in force

They actually made a car just for them. The Rover 40. I have never seen one go any faster.

I saw two different occasions of very odd driving over the weekend – steep hills but easily drivable in 2nd or even 3rd. But numpty drivers panicking and braking to almost standstill then trying to ram the car into 1st and then struggling to get enough speed back up to get back into 2nd. They should shoot those people.

Cougar

… then come back down the other side braking constantly, rather than dropping a gear.

dave360

Riding from Bognor to Brighton on Friday afternoon, I have never experienced so much aggression from car drivers in the space of an hour. I rode past miles of them sitting stationary in traffic, then as soon as they got going for a few yards it was me that was holding them up. Going on holiday must be very stressful.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

… then come back down the other side braking constantly, rather than dropping a gear.

God yes. I am glad I am not alone.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Pfffft!

You should try driving in India! It's quite exciting actually lol.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bank holiday drivers,’ is closed to new replies.