Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Bands that most definitely shouldn't reform. Please please don't!
  • CountZero

But I’d be really happy if Blur would just f*** off into the distance and not come back. If Damon could also make sure that the ex-Mrs Damon’s terrible Elastica followed to the Great Indy Landfill, that’d be splendid.
    Oh, and Damon? Take Gorillaz with you as well, eh, and The Bad, The Worse And The Whiny while you’re at it.
    Go on, f*** off back to Colchester, you git.
    I’m not even going to talk about The Darkness.

Really don’t like music very much, do you.
    Elastica? Are you old enough to even remember them? They were great live, saw them a couple of times, but no-one has ever suggested they are likely to reform. Blur are a much better band with more musical facets than most of their contemporaries, Gorillaz a good fun, and Damon’s other sidelines are at least musical and don’t rely on identikit sampled beats and featureless autotuned vocals, like most of what gets played on Radio 1 and Kiss FM.
    Go on, admit it, you don’t like Albarn and Blur because you think he’s posh and you’re an inverted snob.

robbo
    Free Member

I think bands should only be allowed to reform if they are the same weight as when they started. I’m thinking New Order in particular.

donks
    Free Member

I wish Janes Addiction hadn’t reformed and I know it was ages ago but They were ace and now I can’t distinguish them from U2 now. Some bands just have there time and should be remembered for the good times a bit like one off tv shows that don’t get milked to death.

speaker2animals

C’Mon Lennon did some toss once Yoko got the claws in him. A couple of classics swamped by dross imho. And then, no offense being dead means your ability to to do worse (or better) disappears. Funny how edgy folk are always seen as talented while anyone who tries to be pleasant/normal is rubbish. I personally feel L&M had equal amounts of good and bad.

eviljoe
    Free Member

The Levellers never split up- they just went into festival management. Good move in my book.

emsz
    Free Member

The Rolling Stones

Gunz
    Free Member

To quote Viz, ‘Save money on buying Big Country’s Greatest Hits by just buying one of their singles and playing it over and over again’.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

+2 for Oasis.

Plus Big Country without Stuart Adamson is just wrong.

DezB
    Free Member

Plus Big Country without Stuart Adamson is just wrong

Fixed 😉

Really don’t like music very much, do you.

Au contraire! I’d say that kind of vitriol could only come from someone who likes music very much.

zippykona

Lightning Seeds and Cranberries. The bloody Cranberries have just done the dirty. ‘ Oim so **** Oirish I’m more **** Oirish than you my whole career is based on me being **** Oirish,’
    And definitely the beautiful south. Can solo people reform? If they can Paul Young, Alison Moyet and Fergal Sharkey. My 80s death list.

maycontainnuts

The levellers haven’t split up. I’ve seen them live at least once a year for as long as I can remember, but I’ll be on the lookout for doppelgängers.

God I love the Levs.

EDIT: missed eviljoes post.

Inspiral carpets are touring with the Mondays, that’s just going to be awful isn’t it?

maycontainnuts

Chesney Hawkes anyone?

No really.

kennyp
    Free Member

Plus Big Country without Stuart Adamson is just wrong.

I went along initially with pretty low expectations. However the new singer (Mike Peters) is a superb replacement. He doesn’t try to be another Stuart (he never could be) but does his own thing instead. What you have is a band with a whole new lease of life, that also is a celebration of Stuart’s music.

It’s personal taste of course, but having seen the “new” Big Country twice now I’ve realised I’m still just as big a fan as I always was.

garage-dweller

Extreme – if ever there was a band with th wrong name.

Get the funk out I ask you.

Rather see bewitched back.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Any of those indistinguishable early 90s bands:

Kula Shaker
    The La’s
    East 17 etc

DezB
    Free Member

Deacon Blue

(thanks to Ton for reminding me of the band at the very top of my hate list 😉 )

edlong
    Free Member

+1 for Jane’s Addiction, a once great band trashing their legacy comprehensively.

I think Kula Shaker had a go at it a couple of years ago, but nothing much came of it (unsurprisingly).

One of the highlights of Xmas tv was seeing that Westlife’s “last ever performance” was on. Didn’t watch it, but glad it happened, so I’d be disappointed if they went back on it.

senorj

I think I saw some where that Gene had reformed – wtf!
    nick off with your whiny smithslite bollox i say.

No problem with Blur – i took Senorita J to see them for one of our early dates circa “theres no other way” – Damon Albarn is a very clever fella.

Big country without SA – nein danke.

Levelers first album – side two – the last track was ok if i recall…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Steps
    Skooch
    Take That. Oh…

ransos
    Free Member

Any band you liked shouldn’t reform. At best it’s nostalgia, at worst it’s trashing your fond memories.

igm

Blur – OK in the studio but incompetent live. Their performance at Leeds in 1999 was one of the most embarrassing shows I have ever seen. And the guitar work on their live album was second rate covers band level.

The Levellers by contrast were superb at Dalby a few years back – but then the venue was spot on for them.

edlong
    Free Member

What tyres for Dalby (Levellers stage)?

Cougar

Chesney Hawkes anyone?

How the hell can a solo act reform? (Michael Jackson aside)

I’ve actually seen Monsieur Hawkes live, albeit accidentally. He was, it pains me to say, really really good, very self-aware, and an all-round top bloke.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Bands that most definitely shouldn't reform. Please please don't!’ is closed to new replies.