Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bands that are better if you don't listen to them…
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

AC/DC – I've "loved" them for 25 years or so. Whenever I hear a snippet of their music or see a clip of them, I think they're ace. When I actually try to listen to an entire album's worth it gets quite dull

Harry_the_Spider

Oasis.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

coldplay, snow patrol, keane etc.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

+1 Oasis
    Definitely (maybe!) a singles band, or at least were. Now they're just dull all the time

Good call on Snow Patrol too. I have 3 of their albums and their more recent lack of imagination in their song structures is quite baffling

MSP

Queen – never really liked them, when one song comes on the radio they are quite good in a join in and chant along kind of way, but more than one song and I would quite happily murder the whole **** group and all their obsessive musically challenged fans, especially that May bloke he really deserves to die.

hels
    Free Member

OMG not Queen !! My cousin's 21st in the middle of Boganville, Christchurch, NZ. Played Queen albums exclusively all night. And this was before Wayne's World made bogans cool. Was trapped there too as foolishly went with my parents so no escape. Hell.

chakaping
    Free Member

Unkle – Really trendy and well-connected, no decent tunes though.

Gnarls Barkley and Gorillaz – Post-modern supergroups making bland music. Really cool and cutting edge on paper though.

nickjb
    Free Member

Fat boy slim. One good song, album full of the same song

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Gorillaz. Another great call. I kept seeing/hearing the ads for the latest album and thought it sounded ACE. Got it and haven't found much to inspire me at all

Rubber_Buccaneer

The Ramones – a couple of singles and a t-shirt is plenty.

Adrian

chakaping
    Free Member

Agreed on AC-DC btw, was saying the same thing with a mate recently. Bit like Motorhead. Very one-dimensional.

yunki
    Free Member

All of them… music is so overrated and very last week… silence is where the future's at..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Funny that – I could listen to AC/DC all day every day and have to force myself to put other stuff on when playing music in the car.

Saying that, I came across Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden) just that way today and I must say I had forgotten just how good a track it is.

TheFopster
    Free Member

+1 for Gnarls Berkley

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

MF im same as you there with ACDC, could listen to the stuff all the time!

midlifecrashes

Errr, The Saturdays?

chakaping
    Free Member

I'll be a bit controversial and say The Beatles as well.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about The Saturdays miming to AC/DC. Naked. I'll have the one on the left please.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bands that are better if you don't listen to them…’ is closed to new replies.