Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Band for a wedding – Worcestershire
  • nedrapier

Hi all,

I’m looking for a band for a wedding in October near Evesham.

Ideally, moon-on-a-stick time, we’d like a really good, exciting band with a bit of brass, who can play swing, soul, funk, rock and roll, and know all the classics. And are cheap.

Obviously, something’s got to give, but I’d love to know if anyone’s got tips/contacts that might be worth exploring.

Cheers!

xcgb
    Free Member

And are cheap.

this has to give I would say!

I do have a great band that would probably travel the 2hrs but cheap nope sorry

I’ve seen a lot of bands in the beer tents at steam rallies.
    The only one who really stood out were Blind Lemon from Worcestershire.

nedrapier

OK, cheap was the wrong word, especially when talking about people’s music which they take seriously. Probably a bit insensitive, too. Sorry.

I’ll try again: we’ve got a budget, and while we might find a great band and want to stretch to book them, there’s going to be a limit to what we can afford.

MTG, I’ll check them out, cheers!

lunge

Marked as I need something similar.

K

brass, who can play swing, soul, funk, rock and roll, and know all the classics

That is the sort of stuff the Wife does, email me if you want a chat with her about it the_k(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

comedyphil
    Free Member

I might be able to help you out too – I play in an 8 piece function band (rhythm section, singer, 3 horns/backing vocals). Email is philrushworth(at)gmail(dot)com if you’d like some more details

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Band for a wedding – Worcestershire’ is closed to new replies.