Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bags for long backs?
  • big_scot_nanny

Any tips here from those of you tall/long bodied peeps on a good backpack? Perhaps one that starts out long and that you can also adjust the position of the straps up or down on the back?

I think there was an Ergon one in the last ST mag that got good reviews.

Always just used a camelback Mule or Lobo, but recent shop visit to get a proper fitting hiking backpack was incredible at highlighting that having a waist/hip strap bits coming round somewhere closer to the nipples is really not ideal.

Also, I hate the buckles on my MULE, and it is bloody impossible to actually use it to store anything if you have a full three litre resevoir in there.

Help much appreciated!

Kev

slparsons
    Free Member

Osprey also do M/L back lengths at least in their Talon series (which take a 3L bladder) though not soley designed for biking, as well as the Ergon you mention.

Helios
    Free Member

+1 for Osprey – I took ages trying to find a backpack which fitted me properly. My Talon 33 is great – the side compression straps mean I don’t have to fill it to the brim for it to sit correctly when I ride…

ton

osprey m/l is good for a 6footer kev.

pinetree
    Free Member

Some of the Evoc models are available in XL. What size of rucksack are you after- about 16l like the mule?

colonelwax
    Free Member

+2 +3 on the Osprey, Talon 22 here in the long back length. Longest ride with it has been 70+ miles and comfy.

Also got an OMM Marathon 35 which is possibly a bit longer, but might be too big for what you’re looking at.

MSP

I have a talon 33 m/l which I will sell, never used still with tags although it has been sitting in the bottom of the wardrobe for a couple of years.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

again – osprey. although not very tall i have a long back and the m/l Escapist 30 i have sits nicely on the hips. Can also be adjusted too, although getting the velcro straight can be frustrating (mild OCD)

big_scot_nanny

Great stuff folks, many thanks.

For those with packs like the 33L talon or 30L escapist, how tightly can you cinch everything down when minimally loaded, as it is quite a big pack? As it is not a trad bike pack per se, where do you store the essentials (inner tube, tools, pump, zip ties, butties etc)?

MSP – V interested, can you please mail me piccies?

ta muchly peeps!

Kev

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bags for long backs?’ is closed to new replies.