Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 204 total)
  • Bad name-dropping
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m a distant relative of a former prime minister.

mmb
    Free Member

saw harry redknapp in the shell bay seafood restaurant in studland and called him a cheating tosser because portsmouth knocked the baggies out of the fa cup semi final with a handball a couple of years ago.

catfood
    Free Member

Andy Caddick is my 3rd cousin, didnt know until I did a job with him and we got chatting.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I spent most of an evening drinking with Colin Farrell when I was in LA a couple fo years back. Unfortunately I didn’t know who he was and only guessed he might be important when he dragged me along to a new bar that was opening. There was a big long queue of people and I said I wasn’t waiting for a beer. He said it wasn’t a problem and walked to the front of the queue and took me past security straight to the bar.

He found it funny when I expressed surprise and said he must be a real actor but wouldn’t tell me his name until we left the car at about 4am when he said ‘Tell your mates you have drunk the night through with Colin Farrell’

I said ‘Who is Colin Farrell’ and he replied ‘Google me!’. He is actually quite a nice bloke, his dad used to be a football player and that was what he originally wanted to do.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

I went out with the Yorkshire Rippers sister.

KT1973
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member
    I spent most of an evening drinking with Colin Farrell

That one will take some beating

anagallis_arvensis

That one will take some beating

Pah, I met the chuckle brothers in a pub in stourbridge

Denno17
    Free Member

I was given the unfortunate job of personal protection to cobra from the gladiators. Still trying to figure that one out, a martial art expert needing a bodyguard? still the guy was a d**k

bol

I once gave Mo Mowlam a massage. Had lunch with Murray Walker, Barry Norman and Anthony Worrel Thomson and a few others (not on the same day). Mo was lovely and Murray is the man. Worrel Thomson was as you might imagine. The funny thing was, he was on the Atkins diet at the time, so lunch didn’t even make up for the company.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

I once served burger and chips to the bloke who played Tosh Lynes off “The Bill” (the short fat bloke with the ‘tache). He looked like he was having a really bad day, so we didn’t make a fuss of him and gave him a bigger portion of chips.

Also, I was nearly run over by the boxer Errol “Bomber” Graham in Sheffield.

bratforder
    Free Member

Sold a pack of AA batteries to Robert Lindsay of Citizen Smith and My Family fame. He looked bemused when I gave him his penny change, clearly not used to dealing in such small denominations.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Had various crappy Hardcore bands stay at my house in Germany in the early 90’s, favourites were Cro Mags, Alice Donut and Youth of Today. Best one was Chumbawamba slowly arriving in dribs and drabs for breakfast to be greeted by me,hungover in my boxers in the kitchen asking if they really wanted beans on toast or could they just help themselves to cereals and coffee.

Philip Schofield tried to knob my girlfriend in the summer of 88 on his annual trip to Lochgoilhead for fishing.(he failed)

Served “Renee” from Allo Allo over here in Nz in a bar.

Was hitching on the M40 in the early 90s and saw a couple of footballers at a service station, exchanged a glance with a complete stranger who mouthed the words ‘Chrissy Waddle?’ inna fast show style. I lol’d.

Got called a slag by the bald fella out of Freakpower in Glasgow as i’d not gone to his gig.

flamejob
    Free Member

I used to go on the lunch run to M&S with Kate Middleton. Luckily the paps didn’t know there is a back way out the site.
    She really is a lovely girl.

julianwilson
    Free Member

There are not nearly enough e-list tenuous links on here. I mean, Kate Middleton’s ace! You want to be having lunch with someone way less cool. And philconsequence etc’s excellent rawk connections need their own thread.

I squeezed my AX into a hedge to let Gary Wilmot past in a country lane once. Unfortunately he did not smile at me like this. The girlfriend I was in the car with at the time dumped me a week later. I feel Gary is somehow responsible for this.

That sort of thing.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I’ve stuck sticky gel electrodes onto the hairy chests of Christopher Biggins and Andy from Blue Peter. My hands have been shown sticking on the sticky things to men’s bare chests on BBC One at least twice!

Joe

atlaz
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought it was BAD name-dropping, not actually quite decent name dropping (i.e. Colin Farrell).

iDave
    Free Member

I stood beside <13 inches> wayne rooney at the baggage carousel at manc airport. taller than i expected, but certainly carries the deviant look well. colleen looked tidy enough.

oh and as a youth I was man marked by lee dixon and scored twice…..

TheFlyingOx

Anthony’s brother, presumably?

Well it is “bad” name dropping.

And yes, I meant Anthony.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Pah! I once served Chas & Dave when I used to work behind a bar.

DrJ

I choked Linda Lovelace.

D28boy
    Free Member

DrJ – Member
    I choked Linda Lovelace.

Winner

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My Great Grandad taught Fred Perry to play tennis.

Seriously.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Oh, and my Grandad is mates with Roger Moore.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My sister had a meeting with Kate Middleton not so long ago – she’s a buyer and my sister designs hats.

unovolo
    Free Member

Done some work in Linda Evangelistas(supermodel) Manchester apartment when she was sh*ggin Fabian Barthez ,she’s quite rough without the make-up.

Sat next to Ricky Hatton waiting to get my haircut on a couple of occasions.

And Harold Shipman was my doctor from Birth to him getting banged up,controversially he was a very good doctor ,he just had a penchant for offing people.

pete68
    Free Member

Another Kate middleton one, but her and her family are regulars in my local pub. Kate herselr isn’t in as much now and I can’t see her being in there much in the future either. Despite what some of the press say they always seem nice people and say hello to other regulars.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Pissed on Dave Gahan’s (Depeche Mode) foot in the loos when they played in Edinburgh 81 i think it was
    when i say foot it was more like foot and half way up his leg,i hasten to add i was young a bit pished
    they were on there first tour and playing crap venues in this case the Nightclub above the Playhouse
    and having to share the bogs with the likes of us my mate came and says “is that not the boy fae the band “
    i turn round to look “Oh aye so it is” stream of urine headed his way …oh dear…needless to say we didn’t stay in touch

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Went out with a lass who’d turned down footballer Les Ferdinand because she though he was a ‘dick’. He’s got a helicopter now though.

She was a dippy cah though really, looking back.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, a mate of mine is a cousin of Chris Hoy.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

On my way to a work meeting I met George Best in the buffet at Doncaster station a couple of years before he passed away. It was 10am in the morning and he was already on the sauce. Sad.

Oh, and got booted off stage by Nicky Wire whilst attempting a stage dive in a rough bar near Swansea docks on the Manic’s first ever tour

samuri
    Free Member

ooh, OK. Lets start small and work our way up to the big stuff.

I once got stuck in a lift with the chinese bloke out of brookside. I pretended to not know who he was when we got talking.
    Wendy James once waved at me and some mates and shouted ‘Hi Lads’ at us in a hotel foyer.
    I’ve served the original doctor whosit out of eastenders in a bar.
    Frank Bough once came up to me in Knutsford and said ‘Hi Ben!’ thinking I was Ben Elton and then apologised when he realised he’d made a mistake.

(we’re now on the the proper A list stuff)

Martin from coronation street once stopped me and asked me the way to the station in Leeds town centre.
    I asked Sarah Greene if I could buy her a drink once in Liverpool, she said no thanks.
    I’ve shaken hands with Honor Blackman!!!!!!!
    I’ve eaten breakfast sat next to Judith Chambers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hold onto your socks people…….

…Kirk from coronation street lives on an estate near our house. We go in the same Coop from time to time. We’ve bumped into each other a couple of times and he’s said hi to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacko54321
    Free Member

i’v met jethro a few times and had a conversation each time,
    nearly knocked frankie boyle out with a chair 10 mins before a show,
    jimmy carr is bent as **** when hes not performing
    bill beaumont is a very big man with a mean tash !
    i gave cheryl cole malaria

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I drove Jimmy Greeves, Tommy Docherty, Tony Hadley and some dancing girls through a riot in Pristina city centre.

I lived next door to the guy that played Darth Vader (and the green cross code man).

I shook Neil Armstrong, Gene Cernan and Jim Lovell’s hands.

I was on Going live and met Philip Schofield. He had black hair back then. Gorden the gopher is a puppet!

Related to the last one, I swung my pants with Trev and Simon.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My one was BAD name dropping

I spent the evening drinking with Colin Farrell is GOOd name dropping

The fact I had no idea who he was makes it BAD

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

i gave cheryl cole malaria

Are you a mosquito?

pound
    Free Member

bruno brookes’ mum used to give me and his little brother lifts home from primary school

Which little brother?

flamejob
    Free Member

Ooh ooh oh. I have another few…

My dad ran a record company where I grew up in southern Africa so…

…on a stopover we had to take Bonnie Tyler around the city in the middle of the night in the search of a woman carrying stuff on her head, ’cause thats obviously what African women do

… I ended up being dumped with UB40s roadies during their concerts, but was way happy to be with the lights guys (fun). They all came for drinks at our house.

… I met and flew back to London with BOB MARLEY!… Though they were all stoned and abusive most of the way so the captain had to have the cops meet the plane when we arrived. When I visited London Mark Knofler was shagging my grans neighbour friend so I got to see him and he sat me on a beanbag and showed me electric guitar stuff.

Of course, at the time I has no idea who these people were.

I’m sure there are more.

iDave
    Free Member

my daughter was pursued by a woman in the co-op as she ‘looks just like Kate Middleton’

BigJohn

pound – Member

bruno brookes’ mum used to give me and his little brother lifts home from primary school

Which little brother?

Bob?

meehaja
    Free Member

My regular mate at work used to be on corrie as “woman in the background” for all the shots in public places. not so ouch now though, apparently its the recession.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘Bad name-dropping’ is closed to new replies.