Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Bad food you're addicted to
  • binners

The double sausage and egg mc muffin is the best hangover cure known to man!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Toss up between bacon egg cheese bagel or Walkers Tomato Snaps……….oh god now the thought of one with a side of the other……sheer bliss 🙂

timidwheeler

I love these!!

The world seems to have sold out of them and I have been searching everywhere for them 😥

Please tell me if you’ve seen them out there ❓

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Chocolate. In fact anything with sugar in.
    Chips. I could eat chips for breakfast.
    Pastry, sweet or savoury.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Guylian chocolate sea shells £1 for 4 shells every time we go to Asda so Monday and Friday.
    One to two chocolate bars a day.
    Mayo chickens from maccies three at a time or 5 chicken selects.

Sausage butty from the cafe across the road three/four times a week for breakfast.

However I’m 5ft 10 and 11 stone 2 with not a ounce of fat, sobway I see it I can afford to eat what I crave. Cholesterol is perfect according to the GP. I do smoke ten cigarettes a day though, but don’t drink any alcohol.

Creme eggs will be my next guilty pleasure can eat a box of 6 in an hour.

firestarter
    Free Member

Kebabs and for variety kebab meat and chips both smothered in hot chilli sauce

nickdavies

Crisps. The fact I can no longer fit into most of my biking kit is probably attributable to the fact I’ve eaten a big bag of Doritos a day for about the last 2 months.

This thread is inspiring a replacement vice, I fancy a change. Never tried a frozen kebab before.. Can’t be any worse than the offal they serve at 2am on a Sunday morning on broad street, right?

DrJ

At this time of year, mince pies. But I eat them with half fat creme fraiche, so in fact they’re quite healthy and not fattening at all, oh no.

grenosteve
    Free Member

All of the above really.

Top of the list is –

Any type of crisps + a glass of coke or pepsi, which turns into 3 bags of crisps and 3 glasses of coke or pepsi (diet though).

Butterkissed Toffee Popcorn.

Bacon in any form.

Curry in any form.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Most other things like chips, pasties, chocolate I can take or leave and for the last 12 months or so I’ve pretty much left them.

Diet Coke though… it’s got me bad, 4 litres a day!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bloody good job I’m also addicted to endurance sports!

Competitive eating is not a sport. [/quote]

But surely it could be an endurance sport?

I see a few Cofresh snacks here. I suspect the combination of MSG, sugar and amphetamines they coat it with might be to blame.

Whoever said Choccy seashells better avoid Aldi, where you can pick up a box of 24 for about £2.

For me, chocolate biscuits with tea.

EDIT:

Sorry to be a downer, P-Jay, but your teeth will dissolve. My friend had this addiction and his last quote from the dentist was £21,000

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That sounds like an ordeal, even cruel and unusual self-punishment!

Yak

Scotch eggs. Not the miserly supermarket ones but the softball sized handmade whoppers. Preferably with black pudding sausage meat too. The problem is that the shop about 20m away stocks them. I try my best to limit them to 1 a week.

deluded
    Free Member

Curry’s – not too hot. I like Masala/Makhoni/Mughlai type dishes – superb if they come with a boiled egg.

I like to hoover them up as if I were Brundlefly.

Jamie
    Free Member

Crikey!

martinhutch

Probably the most densely calorific food known to mankind. I can polish off a couple of packets in a sitting if caught at a weak moment*

*Any time after 4pm

hatter

Oh cripes, don’t smoke, don’t drink but I’m a fallen man when it comes to food.

Pretty much the only nasty greasy crud I’m not into is cheap Pizzas, too many trips to Italy have raised my standards on that front.

Otherwise I can put a tick next to pretty much everything mentioned so far. With one addition: CRISPY DUCK PANCAKES, one of the few foods I could happily live on if required.

egb81
    Free Member

+1 mince pies. I didn’t even like them until a few weeks ago when someone left a pack in the office. Not sure what happened.

I can’t believe no one has mentioned chocolate covered coffee beans. Those things are like crack.

weeksy

I can’t believe no one has mentioned chocolate covered coffee beans. Those things are like crack.

WTF ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Presume he means you smoke them, ‘cos I wouldn’t fancy eating one.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Probably the most densely calorific food known to mankind. I can polish off a couple of packets in a sitting if caught at a weak moment*

*Any time after 4pm

I am with you on these, only trouble is mine are the fortnum and mason ones costing £18 a packet. Yes £18, but they are worth it!!!! Thankfully i don’t work next door any more!!! Got some yesterday on a trip to london, and yes they are sooooo good.

oh and red wine and crisps

66deg
    Free Member

Just kidding!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Not far off 66deg
    Now this is heaven!!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Jesus P-Jay with that Coke habit never mind your teeth, you still got your septum??

Notter
    Free Member

May be seasonal only but OMG……

joolsburger
    Free Member

Since I discovered this

It’s been chips and gravy and latterly poutine.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

pizza
    chip shop fish and chips with ketchup
    fry ups
    jelly babies

ale (although probably not at the same time as jelly babies)

P-Jay
    Free Member

smiththemainman – Member

Jesus P-Jay with that Coke habit never mind your teeth, you still got your septum??

Barely, but that’s got more to do with a nose rebuild when I was a kid rather than the coke I used to snort.

In the grand scheme of vices, my annual binge drink and daily cola habit are nothing compared to my day-to-day life 10-15 years ago.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

😀

arrpee
    Free Member

Jam or marmalade for me. Consumed on toast, with more than a little butter and a big mug of fresh coffee.

Takes a genuine act of willpower not to eat it every morning.

I recall someone on here saying that they didn’t have Nutella in the house for the same reason they didn’t have crack cocaine in the house. Yup…

tomhoward

Today’s vice

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

And for pudding, Creme Eggs.

j4mie
    Free Member

Crisps.
    Any sort of non-nut sweets, could gorge for hours on end.
    Cup a soups, stocked the cupboard up last week when they were on offer for 50p a packet.
    BBQ Super noodles.
    Bombay mix (leave the peanuts).
    Hot dogs, oh yes.
    McDonald’s breakfasts, mmmmmmmm!

Can’t do mince pies, liked them as a kid until I got a hold of a few packets in the church kitchen and what followed can be described as a “major puking incident” in the hall, oops.

chomp
    Free Member

Custard – with anything

Lately had a real school dinner craving so regularly have bananas in custard but more often than not whatever is in the biscuit tin 🙂

cut up squares of a snickers bar I found in the bottom of a rucksack (still in packaging and not past scoff by date – but squashed) in a big bowl of custard (a full tin usually) for dinner on Sunday night

that’s not strange is it?

(mini-rolls are also bloody good when smothered with custard – as is anything really)

teasel
    Free Member

Given up just about everything – no more giant baked deep dish cheesecakes, huge portions of triple cooked chips, giant pizzas with stacks of pepperoni or anything similar. Haven’t had a McD since I was 16; 30 years ago!

After stopping all unnecessary shit I can honestly say I feel 100% better both physically and mentally. It seems you are what you eat after all, to a degree.

Not judging, just sayin’…or more acurately, just writin’

Coyote
    Free Member

Buffet food. The sort you get at meetings at work. I always heap shame on myself by consuming the calorific intake of a small mining village.

Someone mentioned Abduls in Fallowfield? I used to frequent the one in Rusholme and their donners were a thing of culinary delight. Naan bread heaped with donner meat, a little garnish of kebabbage (not too much) and tomato. Liberally apply chilli sauce and mint yoghurt with a sprinkle of red onion chutney. Simply roll and serve. Heaven.

lunge

Chocolate. I have a serious, family size bag most days based problem with it. I’m Ok until Tesco drop it to £1 a bag, then is just gets hammered.

But really, just food. I’m simply not to be trusted anywhere near a shop when I’m hungry or I go a bit mental an buy all kinds of muck.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Krispy kremes but pretty much any doughnut with chocolate coating on ( asda 12 for £2)
    Pickled eggs and Pork scratching in particular order.

Houns

I used to be a sweet person but last couple of years savoury crap food has been my thing.

Party mini sausage rolls as mentioned before, I could do a whole bag in no time. Sausage rolls from my local butcher (I know the exact time when they are taken from the oven.
    My local does ‘scrumpy’ sausage rolls and scotch eggs.
    Sainsbury’s do these

Carrying on my sausage theme, I love sausage and hashbrown sandwiches with HP on crusty white. Mmm.

A bowl of these with Ketchup, sweet chilli sauce and French’s Mustard to dip them in

Oh and McDonalds big breakfast meal with 3 extra hashbrowns. Bin the ‘meat’ and make a scrambled egg and hashbrown sarnie with the muffin

And finally, a recent find

I am now starving!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Bad food you're addicted to’ is closed to new replies.