Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bad day
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

just had 2 chargebacks on stolen cards totalling nearly three grand plus the trade price of both items coming to a grand total of losing being £5500……

at the moment feeling like switching the website completely off!

why is there absolutely no protection except "instinct" for web retailing?

any suggestions gratefully received!i guess its all tax deductable though…..

so if anyones offered a stinky six 20" 09 or a pair of track 404 zipps theyre stolen goods and belong to me!

ojom
    Free Member

What sort of security do you have?

Who is your payment gateway – its their job to do the checks and stuff.

We use Protx turned up to 11 and don't allow any nonsense like 'oh can i change my delivery address' etc over the phone.

The postcode, CV2, etc all have to match – if any one doesnt then it doesnt go through.

Your protection comment is confusing me. There is lots and you certainly shouldnt be relying on instinct.

What did your security system report back?

ojom
    Free Member

You want to see if your provider (Comodo?) can do 3D secure:
    Key Benefits of 3D Secure?

* There are no additional charges for VbV and MSC from Sage Pay. Your acquiring bank may charge you to add this to your merchant number, but you may also find that they will lower their charges to you if you support these schemes.
    * 3D Secure technology provides a more secure method for authenticating the Cardholder at the time of the transaction, therefore minimising fraudulent transactions.
    * A transaction which has been fully 3D-Secure Authenticated cannot be returned as a Chargeback if it is subsequently found to be fraudulent. This is because the banks themselves assume liability for all transactions passed under 3D Secure. NB. A 3D secure validated transaction will not protect you in circumstances such as in the event where the customer denies receipt of goods.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

I'm a developer for a leading UK PSP.

Echoing what the bike chain are saying. A 3-D Secure transaction, while a touch more difficult to implement on your website, means the liability shifts from yourself to the bank.

The customer has authenticated themselves, or has been careless with authentication details, so usually the bank will chase them (I think). Same idea with chip and pin I think (which is why one of my friends flatly refuses cards containing chips.

Additionally, most decent PSP's will offer some form of fraud screening service – might be worth looking into for large value transactions?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

at the moment feeling like switching the website completely off!

Guess if its sitting target for fraudsters, maybe you should. Now where has my ooky credit card gone?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i use upg for all the transactions online….but ill be speaking to them on monday about security…all the cards had passed both checks av2 and cvs…

bit miffed with the courier as they should deliver to an address and not someone in the street which im assuming they did on this occasion…..but ill just have to take it as a very expensive lesson on all fronts i spose…ill have a busy monday morning!

ajantom

If the courier did deliver to a man on the street, and didn't get a valid signature, then they will be liable – no?
    There are rules they have to adhere to!

ojom
    Free Member

aye you want to be having a wee word with the courier. if they have not delivered to the address you specified then have them explain why.

if the fraud has been committed by someone intercepting the delivery at another address or in the street then you need to speak to them to get the pennies back.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

heres what ive lost…its quite a bit worse than i first thought….

1 x kuota kebelframeset in clear size medium…ive got the frame no.
    1 x pair of 404 track tub wheels…(very rare!)
    1 x kona stinky six 20" 09
    1 x cervelo p2c 56cm frame

if anyone sees/hears anything please get in touch…id probably be happy enough to give some kinda reward if i was helped!

carlosg
    Free Member

Couriers shouldn't deliver to people in the street period , there was a mobile phone scam going on in the area I deliver post in where the courier driver was involved , he ended up getting locked up for his part in the £45000 scam.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bad day’ is closed to new replies.