Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bad Boy Fatty Headshock 2011 in the sale: good call?
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

At least £200 off ‘full’ price, with an option to negotiate some more discount, perhaps. Still a lot of wedge, though.

If any owners are reading this, is the Bad Boy generally a good bike? Any folk disappointed with theirs?

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Its a tried and tested bike, very cool.

Garry_Lager

Great bike – not sure I’d get one with a headshock though. Depends on what you plan on doing with it, rigid seems to make more sense IMHO. Where you thinking of using it as a MTB on the trails?

Aside from that, the headshock always used to be a real ballache to service or fix if it went wrong. Don’t know if times have changed. I never used to mind sending my lefty off for a service because 1, it’s a great fork and 2, the fork’s performance on a MTB is fundamental.
    The headshock is not a great fork, it’s a rudimentary one, and it’s hard to justify the potential hassle of owning one if it’s not seeing much dirt.

To reiterate, though, the bad boy is a great bike overall.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Thanks Jim. I know…its coolness is inflential in drawing me to it, hence my original question. Is it me falling for style over substance?

Thanks Garry. No, I have an MTB already. The state of the roads around here is not great – lumpy, bumpy and riven with divots and hastily-patched holes. Given the harsher ride of an aluminium frame/fork, my thoughts turned to options for a slightly more comfortable ride in the conditions available.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Bad boy is a street bike and the headshock should be fine.

Is it the one with 700c wheels?

They’re really nice bikes

monkeyboyjc

I used to (sold it a couple weeks back) own a Bad Boy Ultra, it had the lefty headshock – ran it for about 20months as a commuter (14miles a day).
    The bike was great and performed perfectly over the time i had it – i only changed the tires and saddle (personal preferance). watch the spec though, mine was speced with 700c wheel, but actually came with 26″ – an F up on the cannondale europe website.
    I didnt have any problems with the fork at all, my only concern when i bought the bike was the service intervals seemed low, approx every 40hrs iirc (once every 2months!!!). But i spoke to the bike shop who said that was only ‘fork used time’ so i could discount times when the fork was locked out as it was a mechanical lockout, as opposed to a damping based one. Also the manual is identical to the standard headshock for the offroad, so the forks 40hrs use is based on a muddy hard use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bad Boy Fatty Headshock 2011 in the sale: good call?’ is closed to new replies.