Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Barclaycard online account rant!
  • toys19
    Free Member

I love online banking, I mean who needs paper right? Well barclaycard won’t let you see statements more than 12 months old on your online account, dunno why.
    So I phone them to ask for access, or can they email them, no chance, but they will send me paper copies for £2 each. I need a years worth as I am doing my accounts. Efenn barstewards.
    These feels like a deliberate ploy to me, I am happy to use online banking, but surely it costs very little to store a few lines of transactions (micro pence I reckon) so why prevent access for stuff over 12 months old? The point of online means easy storage and access to data. Unless of course you can use it as an excuse to charge people.
    Cue “outraged of Devon” asking to speak to manager (in indian call centre)- turns out they are, after all, happy to send them for free.
    What bothers me about this is that I am happy to resort to being a bit pushy in the event that I need to (me, me? Does that suprise you..), but I worry for those less blessed with the ranty arsehole gene, these companies work on intimidation in the hope that the vast majority of people will roll over and pay up.

I am implementing a policy of downloading all my statements as we speak.

tillydog
    Free Member

They send mine to me in the post every month…??

showerman
    Free Member

first direct, uk call center always helpful say no more in 15 yrs only had 1 issue their computer went awol.

nickc

showerman beat me to it. relentless excellent, never had anything less than a pleasant experience with them

Barclays (I used to help run an on line running club acct) do appear to be especially rubbish though, feel your pain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Barclaycard online account rant!’ is closed to new replies.