Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Back to riding
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

So i’m itching to ride but not sure if its a good idea yet. As posted in another thread I tore/ruptured my achillies late may/early June and had surgery in July to repair it. Im back at work (work on the wards in the NHS) but have accumulated a load of annual leave so only doing 3/4 days a week instead of my 5.

I finally got discharged by the Consultant last week and physio still once a week. But still feeling a bit tender. Advice from physio was just don’t do anything that causes pain.

So basically after four and a half months of not riding, should i just treat this as starting from scratch. Start with 2 miles then 5 then 10 miles or just see how long i can go before i drop?

njee20
    Free Member

On the one hand I don’t think cycling is anything like running (for example) and see no inherent reason to build up – you’re very unlikely to do yourself any damage by going for a long ride on the back of no previous riding. That said, there’s a common sense and listen to your body element here obviously.

Go out, see how you feel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Back to riding’ is closed to new replies.