Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Back pain whilst and after ridng.
  • Bernaard
    Free Member

Just recently I have started to suffer with back pain whilst and after riding.
    It is not normal back pain, it seems to be a dull ache around the kidneys area. It also comes around by my left side under my ribs.

I really noticed it on the HONC, but put that down to riding rigid.
    But now it is most of the time after riding and towards the end of a ride.

I have tried to fettle with seat position etc, but to no avail.

I ride a rigid 29er and a 140mm forked HT.

Anyone else had and experiences, or is it time to return to FS??

rootes1

Perhaps Kidney issues rather than back?

Bernaard
    Free Member

Thought that, but why the pain at the front now under my ribs.
    Off to the docs methinks

plodtv
    Free Member

I suffer a bit from this also, I have tried doing hyper-extensions at the gym which helped a little. I also think it’s related to the now extra water/weight I carry on my back.

Please keep me posted as to your doc progress, I don’t tend to visit the medical folk unless I am debilitated.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

probably a leg issue that is being translated to your back. Go and see a sports therapist/physio/osteopath it will be money well spent. Docs in my experience will tell you to rest and give you anti-inflammatory drugs unless you are lucky enough to have a sporty doc…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’d be off to the docs with that problem. Could be any number of things from spinal nerve problem to bruising via all sorts of stuff.

Daniel
    Free Member

Go see a physio.

I got back ache, and have recently suffered with some real pain that has kept me off the bike and made sleeping difficult. Went to see a sports physio yesterday who says the problem in my legs, and a have a good back. She gave me a set of stretches to do twice a day. The real test will be in maybe a couple of weeks, but it is nice to have a professional opinion and it only cost £35 at the National Sports Centre at Lilleshall.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Back pain whilst and after ridng.’ is closed to new replies.