Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Back pain
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Not sure If I have hurt my back biking or playing wii golf and table tennis (i got carried away)

Went riding with 3 fish on here last thursday – tested a new bigger fork so it messed with the geometry a tad.

I did have a bad back last monday morning but some Ibuprofen fixed that – this was with my bike in normal mode last sunday so I dont think its fork related.

No pain the next morning all ok – sat on train to work went to stand up and i had really bad pain in my lower back. Its still there today had it all weekend. When I walk around it eases up but I still cant bend to pick things up like I could.

Sitting at a desk is killing me when I try to stand up afterwards, I woke up this morning and it felt ok as i had been lying flat on my back but as soon as i sit down then try to get up I get stuck.

Any ideas, should I go to docs (I’m already taking 400mg Ibuprofen and have been since Friday morning) or one of these sports injury places? The doc will probably just say rest and paracetamol right?

dr_death
    Free Member

Add in paracetamol to the ibuoprofen, go and see doc if not settling/getting worse to rule out anything serious. If still not settling after serious pathology has been ruled get referred to / see a physio.

HTH

dr_death
    Free Member

Oh, and if you are in working in Newcastle I’m at work in A&E 1-9 today so you could pop in and ask for me….

Android
    Free Member

Should cause a bit of amusement at the Reception desk 😀

dr_death
    Free Member

But they would know who you meant worryingly!!

jwr

Obviously you should seek proper advice – the underlying cause might not be clear. I had a bad back for years and eventually got to see a physio. I turns out my problems stemmed from shortened ham-string muscles pulling my pelvis and hence my lower back out of shape. After six months of being very careful to stretch properly after riding my back is so much better.

-j

singletrackmind

Mine went into lock down on friday. Couldnt walk after sitting in the car for my 45 minute commute. Struggled through work on friday, then on sat i couldnt put my socks on. Very hot shower loosened my lower back, got dressed then iced my muscles on the way to work.
    Excruciating, tears to eyes type pain and a touch of sciatica had me loading up on Tramodol and Nuerofen / Paracetomol combo all weekend.
    No riding, no windsurfing , just a slow walk / drift along for 30 mins on sunday.
    Bit better today, physio tomorrow , and more icing on the lower back..
    20 mins on 40 off.
    Really think i am going to give pilates a go as i am getting repeat muscle / back pain and its effecting everything i do.

CountZero

Mine’s playing me up a lot at the mo’ as well. I think I pulled something carrying my bags downstairs to the car to go home on Saturday, then sat in the car for a three hour drive home, it seemed ok, but when I tried to get out of the car I could barely straighten up. Easier now, but I still get sudden sharp twinges and standing straight after sitting for a while is a problem. Seems to be a lot of it about, it might be a virus.

carbon337
    Free Member

Payed £33 to a local private Physio today – was booked in and there in an hour. She bent, cracked and massaged my lower back. I feel loads looser and she says i will be sore tonight and maybe tomorrow but if I’m feeling better on Thursday cancel my Thursday appt.

Did a deal where I sorted her computer out when I was there too so my next one will be half price 🙂

Hoping I can ride with my new forks by the weekend.

elaineanne
    Free Member

physio is a 13 week wait btw ! it is in Calderdale anyway ! grrrr

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol u just pipped me at the post there… my doc says physio is ok after a couple of days you feel fine, but then the pain comes back agin…try doing excercises from the tinternet he says…

carbon337
    Free Member

bugger that pay 33 quid and get it sorted. Price of a tyre.

kaesae
    Free Member

I had to do exercises to strengthen the muscles in my back, unfortunately if you don’t do some form of core stability exercises it will get worse.

The problem with me was that I had a lot of upper and lower body strength and none in my lower back, which was getting compressed. When ever I would sit for long periods my circulation would be so low, I wouldn’t get enough to my legs.

After doing exercises each morning for just over one year, The slipped disc at the bottom of my back and prolapsed disc at the top are healing well.

I found osteopaths to be the best healers for my condition, however you will need to do your own research and find out for yourself.

If you do decide to do some exercises I can talk you through the ones I do, I would also say have a very hot bath to warm up your muscles before you do any kind of stretching.

Good luck mate!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Back pain’ is closed to new replies.