Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Back after 2 years
  • SuperScale20
    Free Member

Hi guys

I have decided to start back riding I kind of lost the passion but do believe I have got the bug back now. I still have the scale but recently purchased a Jamis Dragon Race 29er from Evans.

The question I have is about my wheels (American Classic 29er Mtb Tubeless) the bike has come without the stock tubeless valves which are red and have standard valves and tires. Do you think the dealer should also supply the correct valves or do I not have a leg to stand on, just to say overall I am really happy with the service I received. Thanks for all your help. Glad to be back

ratherbeintobago

Tubeless valves aren’t hugely expensive so if you ask nicely they might throw some in. Otherwise, it’s the sort of thing that will only come with aftermarket wheels, and if they’ve supplied tubes they’ve supplied a functioning bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

29er?

Who’s going to tell him?

😉

postierich
    Free Member

Mmmmm I,m not going to blow the wind out of his sails!

tthew

Don’t know what those two halfwits are on about up there, I suspect they’re taking the mickey. That’s a nice bike, and I’d be pleased to get decent wheels like those even if they’re not set up for tubeless.

You might need proper tubeless rim tape as well as the valves, but the tyres will be OK with sealant. I have those tubeless on my 29er and they were pretty straightforward to set up and hold air nicely.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Thanks tthew

I was going by the information on AM Classic site that all there tubeless wheels have the tape installed and supplied with there red tubeless valves. So it may be possible Evans have there own system in place hopefully not and they are just sitting somewhere in the workshop, just waiting for them to comeback to as we speak.

Thanks

mattjg
    Free Member

Nice looking bike that, good job OP.

mattjg
    Free Member

I was going by the information on AM Classic site that all there tubeless wheels have the tape installed and supplied with there red tubeless valves.

That won’t necessarily hold for parts supplied on a full build. It may. It may not.

BigJohn

It looks like you’ve got tyres and tubes on rims that are capable of being run tubeless.

Not everybody likes tubeless, they’ve done nothing wrong and you have a choice if you want to go tubeless, with appropriate tyres & valves.

Trimix
    Free Member

2 years you say, mmmm, what did you do then ?

hora
    Free Member

Welcome back. Ride when you feel like it and whatever you want. I know a riding whose lost the passion for mtb and I dont think hes realised it yet 🙁

I lost mine 1995-2002

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Thanks all advice most appreciated, I suppose I would be lucky to get away with them supplying am classic tubeless valves but you never know. Overall I have been really impressed with there service so don’t mind paying I suppose I was just being tight.

njee20
    Free Member

If they’re OEM wheels then I’d not really expect to get the valves and what not.

oldgit
    Free Member

^ I like ‘what not’ I’m adding that to my cycling list of technical terms, recent additions include ‘jollop’ for any fluid applied to bike or rider.

Anyway, sounds like you have tubeless ready. I have that as well. You can understand why a bike shop flogs a bike with a good old fashioned tyre and tube. Can you imagine the WTF moment a punter would have faced with the jollop and a valve only a He-man could remove after a puncture?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Back after 2 years’ is closed to new replies.