Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Baby carrier back packs – any recomendations
  • ac505
    Free Member

Looking to get a backpack to carry a 4 month old, totally new to this so I was hoping somebody out there who has a backipack could suggest what to look for and also what to avoid. Cheers.

Jason
    Free Member

I have a macpac Koala (I think that is the one it is) which I bought 2nd hand off here a couple of years ago. We used it for our first kid from about 6 months and now our youngest has just grown into it at 6 months.

It is a great carrier, very comfy to wear and the kids seem more than happy sat in the back.

The only downside is there is no sun/rain shade, if it is sunny we make them wear a hat, and we don’t tend to go walking in the rain.

Travis

ours is sometime away, but I’m already looking at getting one 😀

petrieboy

when they’re small, these are fantastic (apparently ok up to 3years) very light and easy to stash away, very comfortable to use too.

http://kari-me.com/

thegreatape
    Free Member

Deuter Kid Comfort 3 in this house. Can’t fault it. He still likes to ride in it at two and a half. Can carry them up to 20+ kgs so make sure whatever you buy is comfy on your back.

SaxonRider

After searching for the perfect pack, we think we’ve found it in the Vaude ‘Jolly Comfort’. The thing is brilliantly designed and a pleasure to use. Definitely check it out.

DickBarton

We have a LittleLife Voyager S2 (I think it is the Voyager) – framed backpack and it is excellent – very comfy on, plenty of storage and bits and pieces and after the first 5 minutes of getting used to the extra weight on your back doesn’t make you feel as though you are suffering.

My daughter happily sleeps in it so it must be comfy for her to…only downside was the price…but they do cheaper versions – which have all the same bits and pieces on the bag just not as many extras.

Really comfy with a lot of adjustment for various back lengths and I’d recommend it…

tang
    Free Member

macpac here, we got the sunshade/raincover in oz, think you can get them as extras here.

veedubba

Baby Bjorn front carrier when they’re tiny, then a Littlelife Ultralight Convertible from about 6 months/ when they can hold their head up. Both take up very little space relatively and the latter is pretty cheap for a back carrier.

Try a few though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Deuter Kid Comfort here too. Excellent

Garry_Lager

Our lad is nearly 1 and we moved him into the deuter kid comfort 2 from around 10 months. Something like this is needed if you’re looking at long walks – proper framed rucksack fitting, very adjustable, full rain covers etc. Prior to that I was happy with a generic carrier from mothercare – worked great. We’d go for shortish walks <3 or 4 miles with this no problem. Important to have the back support on the carrier, though – our kid is fairly big and you feel the weight after a while.

EdwardH

Baby Bjorn and Little Life here. We used the Baby Bjorn up to about eight months, when it became too uncomfortable to use. The little life is brill and has been up all sorts of hills in the last year and a half. We got the one with the sun shade and waterproof cover (which was very well tested the first time out – where I got back looking like a downed rat and my son was nice and dry and warm)

tankslapper
    Free Member

We have the Macpac Vamoose with rain covers and sunshade.

More expensive than most but uber comfy for both parent and child; even has a mirror in the hip belt for checking the little ‘un.

ac505
    Free Member

thanks everyone. I managed to pick up a macpac Koala for around £70 so I’m looking forward to getting the little ‘un out in the hills soon!

mefster
    Free Member

We bought a Bush Baby Premier carrier. Managed to get it half price- a shop was closing down. Comfy, well supported straps. Good storage. Really comfy seat for Mefster Jr (he’s 18 months old) Good sun protection (although he doesn’t like the limited view caused by the canopy!) Even a little hand mirror so you can check how the little passenger is doing when your out on your own.

Do get a little back ache on long walks but I think that’s just the weight of the boy and the fact he constantly leans to the side to see what’s coming up!

Smee
    Free Member

The Vamoose is a great bit of kit. Well worth the money.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Vamoose here too – comes in extra long length for the long of back, I found quiet a few others too short, so definitely worth trying them on first.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Baby carrier back packs – any recomendations’ is closed to new replies.