Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ayrshire – downhill bike
  • mattkkitch

Hi, does anyone know of any downhill tracks in Ayrshire? I’m attending a wedding in Ayr on Sunday and am hoping to get some riding in but only have my downhill bike available. Ae is an option but if anyone knows anywhere nearer Ayr that’s worthy of a big bike it’d be great to hear from you!

iainc

Give Dave at Sprockets in Kilmarnock a call, he’ll point you in right direction

mattkkitch

Cheers. Seen a place called EVR bike Park in Newmilns but all posts seem quite old, has anyone heard of it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

EVR is gone, as iain said call dave @ sprockets. Ae is an hour down the road, kelburn 30 mins, though a dh bike is a bit much for kelburn.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Darvel has some fun short dh trails. Nothing rough.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Again, more trail bike than DH Dan.

legend
    Free Member

Is there still stuff near Maidens?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Na, been forested and tracks all gone.

mattkkitch

ah that’s a shame we’re staying close to Maidens. According to their website Kelburn might have a new half decent track so might be worth a look.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s a fair old drive from maidens to kelburn, over an hour. I’d go to ae.

If your near maidens, wildings is a must for food at some point. Fantastic.

mattkkitch

We’re strying in Maybole so Ae us about 1.40 and Kelburn under an hour. Also psychologically it’does be back the way I drive up the night before. Cheers will check out Wildings!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gimme an email when yer going, I’ll come and show you about if I can.

mattkkitch

Thanks for the suggestions guys, ended up going to Kelburn. I was really impressed with the trails there, exceptionally well built and good fun. Nothing big enough to require a DH bike but certainly enough of a gradient to use one if it’s your only option. I emailed Jared about their plans and they’re considering an uplift which would be great.

Wildings was great for seafood as well!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ayrshire – downhill bike’ is closed to new replies.