Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ayot downhill to Codicote Road
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Rode the bridle way down today, near head on with a horse, whose rider could not have been more pleasant about it.

Anyhow notice at bottom informs closure for six weeks from 17 September, no works yet. Any ideas of nature of work? I know it can get muddy as anything, but hopefully not much more than widening.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Anyone ride this, says so on Stravinsky, must be true.

caroak33
    Free Member

I think I ride this every Sat and Sunday, though not sure really…Think i go up it actually, and as I’m so knackered I don’t really notice anything. Have not seen any signs relating to works though?…Is this the track that has a sort of brick rubble surface in places. It was well boggy yesterday. Dont meet horses usually as in on it at around 7-7.30 must be too early. Do see a grumpy chap walking his dogs though!!

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Nope, it runs from the first left after the brocket arms, follow round and then it’s straight down to the mill on codicote road. On strava it’s called the ayot drop off.

Down is about 30 mph, plus when dry.

caroak33
    Free Member

Ok im going looking for that…sounds fun!

mcmullej
    Free Member

We saw those notices on Sat morning, but couldn’t see exactly which bridleway they meant. Trails were good around there on Sat. Dark Lane, Cut The Corner to Codicote and The 4X Track are all good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ayot downhill to Codicote Road’ is closed to new replies.