Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Axles driving me insane. Help!
  • forexpipz
    Free Member

How would i fit a 142x12mm hope hub to a frame that doesn’t have a x12 dropout!

richmtb

Err?

If the frame has standard 135mm spacing would the wheel even fit in the frame?

Unless it has modular dropouts (which not a lot of frames do)

glenh
    Free Member

Umm, you wouldn’t.
    Next…

Jeffus
    Free Member

just buy the conversion axle ends Pro II Evo hub can be 135 QR , 135 X 10, 135 X 12 and 142 x 12, its a very simple job to change pull the old ones out grease and stick the new ones in..

Adapters

forexpipz
    Free Member

So with the conversion ends could I put a 142mmx12mm hub onto a 135 frame with quick release?

RustyMac

Depends on the hope hub. The pro 2 and the pro2evo rear hubs are different. Pro 2 requires new end caps and axle, pro2evo needs just end caps.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No. You match the hub spec to the frame. If your frame is 135 qr. Your hub needs to be 135 qr.

forexpipz
    Free Member

Rusty Mac – Member
    Depends on the hope hub. The pro 2 and the pro2evo rear hubs are different. Pro 2 requires new end caps and axle, pro2evo needs just end caps.

Going to get the new pro evo 2. Am I right in saying the extra 7mm is for the recess either side and the end caps should allow an almost touching perfect mating.

jedi

at gone 11 pm at night. a few beers, a hammer and massive screwdriver would fix it

FACT

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I think you are insane, and the axle thing has just illuminated this.

float
    Free Member

Going to get the new pro evo 2. Am I right in saying the extra 7mm is for the recess either side and the end caps should allow an almost touching perfect mating.

what is this, i dont even…what?

coatesy
    Free Member

Yes, the extra 7mm on the 142x12mm set-up engages into slots on the frame, a much better system than the 135x12mm as there’s much less fannying around trying to line up the axle when it’s properly located rather than sliding around somewhere in the vicinity.Most fork manufacturers realised this, and did something similar with their 20mm kit, you’d have thought the same mistakes wouldn’t be made twice, but that’s the bike industry for you.

forexpipz
    Free Member

Well after a little more research its seems in order to get a 142mm hub into a 135mm frame I would need some swapouts with the 3.5mm recess on eachn plus a hole for the 12mm axle. Now anyone know where i could get hold of these?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Axles driving me insane. Help!’ is closed to new replies.