Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Axle to crown measurements
  • naffa
    Free Member

If a rigid fork has an A – C measurement of 460mm what does that equate too in terms of travel if it was a suspension fork?

Thanks Nathan

rob-jackson
    Free Member

80mm travel

naffa
    Free Member

Thanks Rob. What a-c would I need for 100mm equivelant?

jameso

Sagged 120mm fork, roughly. Or not a lot of sag on a 100mm. 100mm forks tend to be 470-480mm extended, 490-500mm for 120mm. 440-450 for a rigid to replace a 100mm fork.

naffa
    Free Member

So my Corratec Superbow frame is designed around a 100mm suspension fork but the rigids I’m looking at are 460 a – c. Do you think I’ll be ok with them?

jameso

Yeah, may feel a tad slacker than the working height of a 100mm but no problem.

naffa
    Free Member

Ok thanks for your help mate

cp

Are you talking 26er wheels or 29?

naffa
    Free Member

jameso

Ah.. what do they say about assumptions? ) add 30mm to static lengths then.
    100mm 29er is ~505mm a-c, so 470mm’s common / 460mm’s a bit steeper for a rigid.

naffa
    Free Member

Thanks once again. It seems the search goes on

andyl
    Free Member

80mm? eh?

for 26″ wheels 440-445mm is generally regarded as a 100mm travel fork equivalent. 460mm would be more like a 120mm fork.

seventyfive
    Free Member

apologise for old thread….I’m about to buy a rigid fork for newly bought El Mariachi 29″ frame. Salsa’s saying both the Fargo V2 with a-c of 468mm, and Firestarter forks a-c 483mm are compatible. Could someone explain in real terms what the 15mm difference will make to the bike?

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

In the same boat as ‘seventyfive’ – I cant see any difference between the forks other than the difference in a-c. It would result in a head angle slacker by 0.7 roughly.. My guidlines would be el mariachi mtb – firestarter el mariachi touring machine – fargo fork

cynic-al
    Free Member

seventyfive – Member
    apologise for old thread….I’m about to buy a rigid fork for newly bought El Mariachi 29″ frame. Salsa’s saying both the Fargo V2 with a-c of 468mm, and Firestarter forks a-c 483mm are compatible. Could someone explain in real terms what the 15mm difference will make to the bike?

i degree of head angle = 17mm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Axle to crown measurements’ is closed to new replies.