Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Awesome Walls climbing centre, Sheffield
  • andeh

Anyone been yet? What’s it like? The pictures look good!

There are already a fair few centres in the area (Works, Foundry, Edge), hopefully the town is big enough to support all of them. Variety is the spice of life after all!

I’m only really interested in the bouldering at the moment, but I’ll probably slide into trad at some point, when I get over my issue with heights 😯

jamiea
    Free Member

There was a piece in the latest Summit (BMC members mag) about dealing with a fear of heights when getting into scrambling. The advice was that climbing first might be beneficial, with the security of the rope n’ all that. They basically said ‘find a climbing instructor and work it out with them’.

Cheers,
    Jamie

dashed
    Free Member

Went last saturday – felt very new! All the holds were straight out of the box and great friction but a bit sparse on routes (i.e. generally only 1 per bolt line) and lots of spinners! They’re setting more routes at the minute though so things will improve. Can’t comment on bouldering as only on the main walls. Cake was good too! Definitely recommended a trip…

stever
    Free Member

Sounds great, there’s a long thread on UKC: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=565761
    …and another rubbernecker thread you can safely ignore 🙂

martinhutch

Is that the thread where climbers are having a go at Dave Douglas for having the audacity to open a climbing wall in a city with one of the highest concentrations of climbers in the UK?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Awesome Walls climbing centre, Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.