Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Avoiding The Royal Wedding
  • teef
    Free Member

Friday 29th April if you don’t already know.
    Apart from an all day mountain bike ride anybody got any ideas / plans to avoid the whole thing or have you already got your Union Jacks and picked a spot on the Mall?

MSP

I will spend some time with a princess Diana lookalike hooker.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I shall be building a replica Guillotine in my garden and recreating the last days of the French Monarchy…

…or i might just ride my bike!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

weve got an etape warm up weekend on that date 😉

Blackhound

SSEC that weekend

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be somewhere. Probably riding southwards from Scotland back to Slumberset then Kernow.

CliveA

I’ll be on the road bike – with most of country watching the telly, there should be fewer cars on the roads and a good day for a bit of stiffback delight.

squiff
    Free Member

Going to coed y brenin for 4 days mountain biking with the lads on the 29th :D, not interested in the wedding at all.

LHS
    Free Member

Fly out to Denver for a few weeks a few days before.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

SSEC for me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I can’t wait – I love the Royals me, I have already ordered loads of bunting and I am organising a street party.

And that Prince Harry is a right looker – she’s done good to get him.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Camping! And drinking! And riding! Bliss

donsimon
    Free Member

Fly out to Denver for a few weeks a few days before.

That’s a bit drastic, no?

For Diana and Carlos I was just finishing a section on the Pennine Way on Hadrians Wall then listening to the cricket. To this day I’ve not seen more than about 5 seconds of footage. 😆

I doubt if there’ll be much coverage over here, so quite safe.

I did watch Leticia and Felipe for the simple reason it was raining on the day and I didn’t want to go out, and going out was difficult as they used a church about 500m from my flat and getting out and about was difficult.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to it, got me a new frock and hat and everthing…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Neils – you can come to my street party – bring some pop and trifle.

I’ll be hoping to find one of my customers that will let me work

skiboy
    Free Member

I will be on holiday in Cyprus @ Aphrodite hills where i shall be throwing rocks at the golfers from the safety of a luxury front line villa 😛

darrell
    Free Member

SSEC for me

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve been invited to the wedding of a close friend. Can’t really say no to him.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Neils – you can come to my street party – bring some pop and trifle.

😀

I’ll bring the union jack buntings.!

footflaps

I will be road riding in Portugal.

redthunder
    Free Member

Long ride somewhere.

kerv
    Free Member

cycleworlduk I read that as “you’ve got a tape worm up that weekend”! 😯

Northwind

I’m not going to avoid it, can’t say it’s of enough interest to me either way to seek it out or avoid it. It’ll be happening, I’ll be doing whatever it is that I do.

ridingscared
    Free Member

Driving up and down my street slowly thus preventing any chance of a ‘street party’ to celebrate the union of an inbred with an airhead paid for by a bankrupt country that would rather spend millions on security , pomp and ceremony for a parasitic extended family than keep libraries in deprived areas open.

Ringo
    Free Member

I shall be on my way to Belgium for some ss doo

69er
    Free Member

I’m mainly having birthday celebrations that day…. and a free day off work. Bless you m’lady, good choice 😉

rOcKeTdOg

i’m leading the STW/NW Alps bluebell ride that day, we may however gatecrash the planned party in the village park and the over 18’s version in the village club on the evening

i booked the 3 days off between the bank hols and the wedding so have a clear 11 days off for the price of 3 8)

racefaceec90

thinking about the french revolution!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Does anyone else actually wish them well?

I’m not particularly fussed about the royal family and wouldn’t consider myself any sort of staunch monarchist, but republicans often seem so bitter and twisted.

Young helicopter pilot (who in common with you, I and everyone else is a hapless contestant in the genetic lottery) marries young woman. Until the footage emerges of them stabbing kittens for pleasure, I’m happy that they’re happy.

ridingscared
    Free Member

no- I wish them nothing but a shitstorm. Reads like this to me- spoilt rich kid who has never worked a day in his life and has never wanted for anything finds someone who thinks being born into a family makes him a catch, then decides to have a multi million pound wedding paid for by me (and you) and who will then live in a palace paid for by me (and you). On top of which I must now have a day off or I’ll have no childcare. Then we’ll have the constant ‘isn’t she lovely’ crap we had for the other one and in 3 or 4 years time when she realises he is wetter than an otters pocket she’ll be pictured leaving a mayfair nightclub with a rich playboy and we’ll have the inevitable ‘fall from grace’ media storm. Pox on them all.

Northwind

bravohotel8er – Member

“Does anyone else actually wish them well?”

Not especially. They’ll get a gilded life out of my pocket regardless of my wishes, that’s more than I’ll ever get from them so they can get on with it with “only” that. I don’t wish them harm or sadness either though.

emma82
    Free Member

We’ll be in France for the whole of the bank holiday.’I wish them well though, they both seem very sweet, especially her and it’s been a long time coming. For all the money in the world it sometimes doesn’t bring you happiness and I bet he’d give it all up tomorrow to have his mum back. I also hope they have a baby in 2013 as what with the queens 85th next year it might mean three years of an additional bank holiday a year 🙂

drain

I will be returning that date from doing the Camino de Santiago, the return leg from Gard du Nord gets in to St Pancras and right into the thick of the hoolie 😕

Reckon I might be cycling across to Paddington to get home if the Tube is all fubar!

Anna-B
    Free Member

I wish them well, but I wish most people well. Not remotely interested in anything to do with their wedding though, people I don’t know get married all the time and I’m not interested in them either. FTR I’ll use the time to get loads of my diploma written and ride my bike – and with not having a TV I’ll be able to avoid all the fuss just fine.

kimbers

Driving up and down my street slowly thus preventing any chance of a ‘street party’ to celebrate the union of an inbred with an airhead paid for by a bankrupt country that would rather spend millions on security , pomp and ceremony for a parasitic extended family than keep libraries in deprived areas open.

i like your style and agree with your motivation

BillMC

Me too

Weasel
    Free Member

The papers were running stories the other week as it was her last birthday as ‘a commoner’ before she gets married.

So much for the classless society we apparently have.

ridingscared
    Free Member

lets organise a mass ride on the day then- show the world we’re not all royalists. Anyone?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s the same day as my birthday – so I get a free day off. Bosh!

I’ll be riding probably.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Avoiding The Royal Wedding’ is closed to new replies.