• This topic has 141 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by teef.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • Avoiding the Jubilee
  • teef
    Free Member

Successfully avoided the Royal Wedding last year with a biking trip to North Wales. Was thinking about going to the jubilee protest – but it’s not really avoiding it – how is everybody else avoiding it?

http://www.jubileeprotest.org.uk

flyingmonkeycorps

I shall be riding my bicycle in the woods / hills somewhere.

stewartc
    Free Member

By living somewhere else, just got to avoid the ex-pat haunts over the weekend

bruneep

At my place of employment.

franki
    Free Member

I’ll bouncing around to 3 days (& nights) of repetitive beats, at Cosmo Festival in Taunton. 😀

marcus7
    Free Member

By going to a street party with my family and neighbours and having a great day in the sun…oops i forgot STW dont like that sort of thing… carry on…

composite
    Free Member

Beer festival. 🙂

Houns

Shall be watching some of it

fasthaggis

Tweed Love

terrahawk
    Free Member

street party here too. no big fan of the Queen, but the last one we had (the wedding) was ace. closed the road, kids playing out on the road for the first time ever, got to meet loads of cool people who happen to be neighbours and got quite, quite drunk.

philconsequence
    Free Member

specialguys ride on sunday, wedding planning monday, notsospecialguys ride on tuesday.

4 day weekend = lovely

thomthumb
    Free Member

monday: bike ride with mates to the pub for hog roast
    tuesday: road ride (probably)
    wednesday: mtb ride all day; to include pub lunch and beer on the way home.
    thursday: chilled day – night ride in the evening, pint or two after.

seeing a theme here…

brakes
    Free Member

going into town, chatting with neighbours and enjoying the community atmosphere rather than living in my own grumpy bubble of loathing and hate.

not really, I’ll probably be painting my bathroom and fixing the leak in the roof in between changing nappies and going coochy-coo.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I have a bike and hike weekend planned. You may well want to avoid the mainstream TV and radio as it will be saturated by the jubilympic farce.

turboferret

By being in India!

Royal wedding last year was a normal working day, the jubilee will be too.

Won’t be as good as the last jubilee weekend though, when it coincided with the world cup DH in Ft William – 2 days of watching practice/racing followed by 2 days of chairlift assisted riding 8)

Cheers, Rich

BoardinBob

Attention seeking fannies

Harry_the_Spider

The kids’ nursery is still open (hurray!) so me and t’wife are dumping the little monsters then going for a walk in the hills and a spot of lunch.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Enjoy whatever you do. I appreciate that for some, the joy that the majority will gain from celebrating the monarchy and specifically the Diamond Jubilee will be challenging to bear. But good luck anyway!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Off to the Loire Valley…. 8)

druidh
    Free Member

By not watching the telly – same as every other weekend.

nedrapier

Going to Mimizan and Bordeaux for a 9 day surf, stag and wedding trip.

I’d have liked to see my 5 year old neice doing her thing in her motorcycle display tem in Hyde Park though.

grum
    Free Member

Scotland

DezB
    Free Member

+1. Hippy wierdos.

El-bent
    Free Member

the joy that the majority will gain from celebrating the monarchy and specifically the Diamond Jubilee will be challenging to bear.

That’s if you believe that the majority still celebrate having a monarchy.

pedalhead
    Free Member
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

Better to protest than be one of the doe-eyed, drool-chinned, unthinking worshippers of royalty. At least in North Korea they have a good reason for participating, they get shot if they don’t. What is our excuse for making ourselves a national embarrassment yet again?

grum
    Free Member

+1. Hippy wierdos.

Why the hostility?

peterfile
    Free Member

Skye.

I’ll be quite surprised to see any red white and blue. 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m planning a careful balance putting in an appearance at the street parties but being careful not to join in so much I don’t get enjoy 4 days of biking.

zilog6128

There’s going to be a huge party on the village square up the road with a hog roast, fireworks, beer tent, tug o war, etc, etc – why would you want to avoid that?! (unless it pisses it down of course!) There should be a jubilee every month!

rogg
    Free Member

Sunday, no kids, so will spend most of it horizontal (preferably with the future Mrs rogg).
    Monday, cleaning the idle control valve on the track day motor in time for Cadwell the following week, the air will be blue.
    Tuesday, kids again, might have a Grand Day Out to Swanage if the weather looks good
    Wednesday, as Tuesday.
    Thursday, back to work, having successfully avoided all things royal.

Houns

I’m quite glad to see lots of celebrations and red white and blue around… Finally people are feeling happy to be patriotic….should be a jubilee and Olympics every year

Miserable gunts can chuff off

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Saturday: Getting laid, go surf.
    Sunday: riding bikes whilst the potential future Mrs Spoon coos over her friends baby
    Monday: check wellies for pin holes, then repeat Saturday, go surf.
    Tuesday: Repeat monday, say goodbye to the missus, go ride bike or surf.

I’m quite glad to see lots of celebrations and red white and blue around… Finally people are feeling happy to be patriotic….should be a jubilee and Olympics every year

+1 , I’m not avoiding celebrating, just have better things to do

rocketman
    Free Member

how is everybody else avoiding it?

the same way I avoid every other national celebration/sporting event/wendyball contest – by going for a bike ride

ourmaninthenorth

I’ll be out on the bike wearing red, white and blue.

But mainly because they’re the colours of my club jersey….

sam_underhill

I’m going to Peru to walk the inca trail. Then spending 4 days mountain biking in the sacred valley. 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

What is our excuse for making ourselves a national embarrassment yet again?

Four Day Weekend!

Go ride your bike, or to a street party or be a miserable tool.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There’s going to be a huge party on the village square up the road with a hog roast, fireworks, beer tent, tug o war, etc, etc – why would you want to avoid that?!

😉

fasthaggis

If it gets more people visiting our fab wee island (and spending their hard earned),then I am all for it.

and as houns suggests ….

🙂

brakes
    Free Member

What is our excuse for making ourselves a national embarrassment yet again?

how can the nation be a national embarrassment?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Avoiding the Jubilee’ is closed to new replies.