Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • aviemore long weekend may 7th-10th
  • italspark
    Free Member

im planning a weekend of riding based in aviemore on the above dates.
    probably tip up on the friday night and meet in the pub next to the bridge. meet at bothy bikes at 10 am on the saturday and sunday for a ride. the riding will be of the high and hard variety, routes will be chosen the night before and will be weather/snowlevel dependant.
    more info nearer the time, any body fancy it

theme tune for the weekend will be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLiqMP8d_Qhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLiqMP8d_Q

Guru r.i.p.

13thfloormonk

count me in (provisionally).

would need to get the late train on friday night and head off on the sunday night train, but that should work with your plans.

will keep my eye on the thread!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Count me in. I think I'm teaching up there at Kinrara anyway.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

Taking a Transit of kids from my school to a remote bothy in Glen Tilt that weekend… why, oh why did I volunteer… 😐

italspark
    Free Member

presumably youve got a license for that kind of thing ?

househusband
    Free Member

presumably youve got a license for that kind of thing ?

Licence to drive the Transit – or a licence to take the kids?!

italspark
    Free Member

ok, listen up as it sounds like a goer,
    meet in the pub next to the bridge (bridge inn or something ? sanny knows! ) on friday to drink beer and look at maps approx 9.30 pm.
    sat and sun. rides will start from bothy bikes meeting at 10am.
    shop will be open for last minute faffing and the coffee from the ord ban across the road is damn fine.
    it looks like a smallish group for the saturday with more folks joining us for the sunday, as for the hardcore who,ll be there on monday also…….we,ll see "how the legs are"
    as we are all big boys and girls and can wipe our own backsides. everyone will be expected to have a map and compass as well as the usual moonting essentials( this means you greig 😉
    if everybody is game we could book the italian for the sat. night once weve had the
    final roll call on thursday.

over and out

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sounds good.

I'm likely to only make one day though – will confirm later in week.

SC

mcmoonter
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – I could give you a lift as far south as Inverkeithing on Sunday.

13thfloormonk

McMoonter, given our history thats very generous of you 😉

I though this had died a death actually so hadn't posted, my f–king wrist is taking longer to heal than i thought (3 1/2 weeks and counting…) so i'm not going to chance chasing the big boys down Carn Ban mor and hurting myself (or McMoonter) this time. 😳

Am off to (expects sound abuse) ride the racer between some hostels instead before taking off for two weeks on the MTB the following weekend.

Sorry Ital! I'm a single man now so shall be up for more of these in the future.

radoggair
    Free Member

might make 1 of the days, probably sunday if i do/can

1/ I shall bring proper clothing
    2/ i shall bring proper clothing
    3/ Gloves, shorts and t-shirt. Proper clothing sorted 🙄

I'll confirm on Thurs what/if i can make this

guessing its big bike time, not fast and furious??

aviemoron
    Free Member

Italspark – good tune choice. I'm all booked up for a big locals wedding that w/e. Saturday will be taken up with getting ready (well the missus getting ready, me minding kids!) the "do" then Sunday will probably be quite messy….. Monday working. I'll stay in touch and maybe catch you for part of a ride.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

13tfloormonk, history? My memory of the Kilbo Path downhill was one of pure comedy. You shot past me expertly bunny hopping one waterbar only to crash spectaculary into the next one. As long as you werent offering to drive, I'd be happy to share the journey.

I dont think Carn Ban Mor is a goer this weekend. Still waaaaay too much snow.

Perhaps you crashed in front of another Fifer on that descent too?

AJ
    Free Member

Hey, for your info there still be a lot of white stuff in them there hills.

routes like Carn ban mor would probably not be a goer.

plenty other stuff though

13thfloormonk

McMoonter, i thought it was yourself on a silver stumpy that I kept using as a crash mat, including a comedy (not at the time) entanglement that led to you walloping your b0llocks off your top tube?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

13thfloormonk, that was my pal Gary with the silver Stumpie. I'd have thought you'd had reigned in your acrobatics by the lower slopes, clearly not. I had a black Turner.

A single man eh? Last I heard the ultimatum was either the maps or get back to pron. Maps did for her?

moremudplease
    Free Member

okedoke,,count in some more fifers,mark,gary beall n alex are definates for sunday,but there could be more of us.see you there

italspark
    Free Member

ok, sounds like a posse,
    weathers not looking to shabby either, sannys had to blouse out so ive got a space in the camper, leaving east lothian to get there for 8pm on friday and returning sunday or monday night, any takers ?

jimmy

Aww I'd love to do this but have climbing instructor training this weekend…

a Transit of kids

*comment refrained*

italspark
    Free Member

ok looks like a thusday roll call cos ill be too busy faffing/working tomorrow. from the left ……errr…. me, ill vouch for the m.c. aswell, hes already there (keen or what)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Coming up for the ride on Sunday. Not sure if I'll just pitch up on Sunday morning or come up Saturday evening.

What is your plan for Sunday? Route, meeting point, time?

italspark
    Free Member

ah, theres always one who never listened at school ! 10 am at bothy bikes . if your up on saturday give us a bell as well probably be in the italian stuffing ourselves, as for the riding, bring some maps and well sus out the locals before you arrive to see where the snow is at.
    looks like sunday will be the better day.
    see you there

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I was just checking that you were paying attention Colin.

italspark
    Free Member

yes sir !

Sanny
    Free Member

Blouse out my arse!……I notice your lack of presence when I rode the Fred Whitton route last week, italspark! 😆

Torridon at the end of May for some epic riding, I think you'll find!

For Aviemore, I'm planning properly big days out – Braeriach, Ben Macdhui etc. Yon snow up top is a right pain!

Sanny

Sanny
    Free Member

PS Enjoy the weekend

Sanny the blouser! 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘aviemore long weekend may 7th-10th’ is closed to new replies.