Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Aviemore – Anyone identify this descent?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks tremendous, Can anyone tell me where it is?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQLS9-uClA&feature=fvsr[/video]

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Well there is a hill on the west side of the A9 at Aviemore called Craigellachie so I imagine it’s that. Looks cracking though.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

+1 looks great!

Kit
    Free Member

No idea, but looks ace!

druidh
    Free Member

View from the top

It’s rubbish.

There’s a really nice cycle path all the way to Glenmore now though.

P20

Bottom part of Larig Ghru?

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – pop into Bothy Bikes if you are in the area and they might tell you…..

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

added to the to do list!

druidh
    Free Member

It’s actually very flat. The video has been speeded up and some CGI added to make it look more interesting.

messiah
    Free Member

It’s a nice ride up.

Chris-H
    Free Member

It’s actually very flat. The video has been speeded up and some CGI added to make it look more interesting.

I thought that as well, at first I thought this guy must be a hell of a rider, but he’d also need rocket ships for legs to accelerate as fast as he does at times!

Still, I thought it looked like a great trail for the scenary as much as the trail itself, the variety of landscape was amazing! Shame its in Scotland and I’m not.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Theres a lot better elsewhere.I think its all for walkers so it would probably be a bit of an ear battering ride if you bumped into folk out walking on it.Its very short compared to the other stuff close by.

Mark would push his dh bike up in the snow during his lunchbreak at bothy,he would phone the shop so we would be able to see when and where he was on the summit (you could see it from the front door of the old bothy shop),then descend back down.All done in thick snow so no damage ;O)

househusband

It is good; I did it a few months ago! Only came across a couple of walkers, but I could imagine it being busy at other times. Short, as martinxyz says… but immense FUN!

rOcKeTdOg

i thought it was the NW Alps for a second, but it’s not gnarly enough

Disco808
    Free Member

Looks like Craigellachie to me, rode it in the summer during my MBL!

Didn’t bump into to many walkers and those that i did were pleasant enough, great little decent with the only draw back being there’s only one way up and down….

J0N
    Free Member

The next video in the sequence – the slabs route – looks much more interesting.
    I really must get up there for some riding next year.

messiah
    Free Member

Thats not sped up – those bits in the middle are really smooth so the speed does pick up quickly. From memory about 25 mins to ride and walk up for about 4 mins to get back down… very worth it 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Aviemore – Anyone identify this descent?’ is closed to new replies.