• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Avid Shorty Ultimate brakes – problem tigthening bolt to clamp straddle cable
  • bwakel
    Free Member

I hope someone can help with this…

I’ve just been fitting Avid Shorty Ultimate front cantis to my Kona Major Jake CX bike and got as far as threading the straddle cable into the right hand canti. I stood over the bike and unscrewed the 3mm allen bolt so that I could thread the cable through the hole and didn’t look at the front of the canti. Once the hole was big enough, I threaded the straddle cable through the hole and went to tighten the 3mm allen bolt only to find that there wasn’t one there to tighten!

I can’t work out if something’s fallen off – I’ve searched and can’t find anything or if the screw piece that clamps the cable has come out so far that it’s come through the allen bolt. I can’t seem to push this piece back in though. I’m currently attempting to Araldite an allen key to the screw piece to see if I can gently screw it back in.

Part of the problem is that I can’t be sure what the 3mm allen bolt and surrounds should look like when viewed from the front and images on the web are confusing. If anyone could post a close-up photo or give me any other advice, I’d be hugely grateful!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Avid Shorty Ultimate brakes – problem tigthening bolt to clamp straddle cable’ is closed to new replies.