Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • avid or hope??
  • tum-yeto
    Free Member

got the choice of avid elixir cr carbons or hope tech x2s.

what is the better bet, have always been a shimano man but feel the need to test others out due to having to sell the products……

chris.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Explain your login name please. You can’t just turn up with a preposterous login name and no explanation. 😯

‘Tum-Yeto’; what is?

kamina
    Free Member

I have not tried the Elixirs, but from my experiences with Avid Juicies I would say Hopes for sure. They will probably not be as set and forget as the Shimano’s, but should have a very nice feel and modulation.

loddrik
    Free Member

Magura

M6TTF
    Free Member

Elixirs for me. Got them on both my bikes and not had a single problem over two years. That said hope are very nice and back up is legendary

akira

Elixirs are very good, been fit and forget on two bikes, have even used some of the adjustment boobins at points. Being able to adjust pad contact is point is quite nice.

stanleyfearncycles
    Free Member

Hope.

thejesmonddingo

Don’t sell Avids Stanley?
    Ian

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Average quality, over-priced, imported component; or a high quality, UK designed/manufactured component? Even if the two components were comparable in terms of quality, which I honestly don’t think they are, I’d go for Hope on the grounds that it supports UK business.

hughjardon
    Free Member

Hope….end of!

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Hope.

mildred

Hope by a long way.

bella
    Free Member

Hope

Simple as that

Not an avid hater by any means (Have juicys on the Mrs bike and my hardtail) but hope components last forever. Can even be a pain in the arse in the end when you want new shiny stuff but they still work fine.

shortcut

Hope – much easier to bleed and better spares and better customer service!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Avids – No issues with mine in over 2 years and perform well. My hopes on the other hand had one problem after another and I really like hope stuff.

However having said all that Magura are most likely best of all.

tum-yeto
    Free Member

cheers guys,

due to price i went for the avids, got a sweet deal on them so they ended up on top.

ill get some hope ones on the next build or when i get rid of these.

cheers again, chris.

br
    Free Member

While you are at it order a couple of piston kits, as my experience of using Juicys is that they are a maintenance nightmare.

But at least the Elixirs don’t have the stupid ‘tool-free’ pad replacement of the Juicys.

And I’ve just bought a pair of X2’s, as I can’t face a 4th winter of constantly fixing them.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Interesting to see how you get on. Maybe you should have simply asked “which is cheaper” as the majority of Hope votes obviously means nowt.
    Too late now, but I prefer the very old Hope minis (I paid £28 for) on my HT than the Avid Juicy Sevens on my FS.

DickBarton

Hope

tum-yeto
    Free Member

i did take on board the amount of hope votes, but having just fitted a pair of each to customers bikes, a week later the avids seem to be bedded in perfectly but the hopes not quite so. another reason is that in my experience servicing customers brakes, the option to split the caliper halfs is a godsend.

chris.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘avid or hope??’ is closed to new replies.