Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Matchmaker to fit Shimano xt shifers
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

As above,can you get an Avid Matchmaker to fit Shimano xt shifers ,as all the ones ive seen are Sram fitting only !

passtherizla
    Free Member

No, but a Hope matchmaker for XT will work with some minor fiddling…

linky

reedspeed
    Free Member

What ya gotta do elongate the noles or summert?

passtherizla
    Free Member

aye summert loike thaaaat… not entirely sure. You’ll be able to tell easy when you get your hands on a set. Of course you may need to do nothing at all.

I’ve done it for a pair of Formula RX and that worked fine no adjustments at all, so if you know anyone with set of RX’s see if the avid clamp fits the RX.

It definitely works so worth a punt for £20, also available in black from some places…

passtherizla
    Free Member

ooh see here…

click!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

All you need is a pair of Hope Tech 2 matchmakers (they are available in black and silver), a file and a drill.

The holes don’t quite align properly so you’ll need to elongate the holes, its a bit of trial and error – when doing up the bolts if there is too much resistance elongate the holes further.

I used the bolts that came with the matchmakers as they have a bigger head than the Avid bolts and hide where the paint has been filed away.

Rickos
    Free Member

Which brakes are you trying to fit the XT shifter to? The most recent Shimano brakes and shifters will attach together in a Matchmaker stylee.

reedspeed
    Free Member

They’re on my mates 9.8 trek,they’re avid elixr r’s !,I’ve got match makers on my Hope/Shimano set up so they’re obviousley the same ones I need for his bike !,if it’s a case of filing n drilling,piece of p*** that !,so thx lads !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Matchmaker to fit Shimano xt shifers’ is closed to new replies.