• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Avid Juicy – anwhere sell spares individually?
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Is there a good source of individual spare parts for Avid brakes? All i can find is various 'rebuild kits'.

Seems to be cheaper buying a whole new brake and flogging the bits of the old one that still work (rotor, mount, caliper etc.).

Junkyard
    Free Member

what exactly do you require? Have some spare available- caliper and levers – long story
    CRC and Merlin stock them – Melrin stock more than they list BTW – unlikely to post if only a small item

Sam

Any shop which has an account with Fisher Outdoor should be able to get you whatever they stock.

z1ppy

Depends what parts your after but yep, after I pi$$ed around rebuilding some Haye 9's, I recommended a m8 just buy some replacement units from CRC on special offer.
    As I believe we'll get at least half the price we paid back for the 'old' bits, without any of the hassle of 'rebuilding'.

yoshimi

Edinburgh Bike Co.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

OMG, 50 quid for a lever blade, 122 quid for a caliper, 40 quid just for the lever back mounting plate and a couple of bolts???

thats ridiculous. These are going on ebay, i'm going back to Hope!

Sam

What is actually wrong with your brakes, I've found Fisher to be very good with warrantys – in fact I'm expecting some Ultimates back tomorrow on which the clamp had broken. Worth a try.

br
    Free Member

When I needed a longer hose, I bought a spares/repairs off eBay. A new hose was £30, and for £40 I got a full rear Carbon 7 brake with only a broken screw in the bracket.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Avid Juicy – anwhere sell spares individually?’ is closed to new replies.