Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • avid juicy 7 lever problem
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Ok I’ve given in.

Avid Juicy 7 Levers with Avid Juicy 5 Calipers. SO for the 4th time I attempted to bleed my rear brake following the instructions, but I must be doing something wrong.

The lever now has no resistance at all and just pulls straight to the bar???? with no pad contact on the discs. WHY ??????????????????

nick1962
    Free Member

Because they are s88t!
    Make sure the pad adjustment is all the way out until it bleeds properly,a bit of trial and error on mine,fiddled with the lever reach too.I thought it might be the seals leaking but it worked in the end.

benjii19
    Free Member

thats confidence inspiring! I’ll try again

Mintman
    Free Member

When you say “following the instructions” do you mean the rubbish ones in the booklet or the foolproof video with the helpful American chap on YouTube?

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

I’d also recommend watching the video. It does make it easier.

Check it out:
    http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/resources/videos/

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s a pain but always found removing the brake from the bike helps no end ESP with rear brakes

takisawa2

The Sram channel on youtube has a decent video. It was very easy.

stumpy01

As above and make sure the lever reach & pad contact adjuster are backed off to where they should be.

There was someone on here recently who had the same problem & they hadn’t reset the dials to where they needed to be.

Good videos on YouTube.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I find winding the pad contact adjust all the way ‘in’ (as marked on the lever / moving the bite point towards the lever) is the trick to getting a good lever feel and enough fluid in the system. After the bleed adjust it back out until you get the bite point you want.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘avid juicy 7 lever problem’ is closed to new replies.