Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Avid Elixir – will I brake them (see what I did there)?
  • Ewan
    Free Member

I’m a bit ham fisted when it comes to brakes…. I’ve had:

Hope minis – kind of lasted, but only kind of stopped.
    Saints – lasted ages, then blew the seals on the caliper. Sod to bleed.
    Hayes Stroker Trails – went weird in the alps (lever stopped returning causing me to crap myself on the Swiss National course)

And no I don’t drag my brakes. I tend to use them a lot tho… which may well have the same effect!

So since I’ve killed Hopes, Shimanos, and Hayes, I figured i’d buy Avids.

No where sells Juicy’s cheaply at the moment (can’t quite bring myself to put Juicy 3s on a Nomad). So i’m looking at some Avid Elixirs. They get good reviews but I’m wondering how well they cope with heat as they resiviors look smaller than the Juicys.

Anyone broken them?

Ewan
    Free Member

No one tried them then?

snakebite
    Free Member

Not tried em myself, but-I have a brand new set for sale, came on a bike but surplus..if you were interested.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Ewan, Nick has a set of elixirs, and has ridden them a bit. Personally I don’t like them as the lever flexes quite a lot, and I prefer my juicys.

Oh, and I currently have 5 sets of juicys, so will be selling at least 2 of them (probably some 5s and some really old 7s if they’re any use?)

solamanda
    Free Member

I’m not so keen, the reach adjust seems quite weak. A mates went abit wobbly after a medium sized stack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir – will I brake them (see what I did there)?’ is closed to new replies.