Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Avid elixir R
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Any opinions and experiences – best brakes for £160 a pair or can you get better? Don't want shimano btw only avid or formula comments (or any others that fit match makers)

farm-boy

Good brakes. Excellent power and modulation. I have had to bleed mine a couple of times though.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

was that due to a poor first bleed?

farm-boy

The first one was after I stored the bike vertically (front wheel up) for a couple of months and didn't use it. Correct, the second one was after I didn't do the job properly in the first place.

fbk
    Free Member

I've had some CRs for a few months now and love them. Much more power than the old Mono Minis and great modulation – never needed more than 1 finger braking since.

No bleeding required here yet and the pads seem to last well too.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

i used a pair in the usa on a rental bike (specialzed epic)& they impressed me lots – lots of power and sensitivity.

nuke

That reminds me, I was waiting for the CRs to come back into stock and they have: just bought a set 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

They are great the smallest rotors ive ever had (180/160) and the most powerful. I used to have M4s with 203/203 and I find the Elixrs much better all round.

RealMan
    Free Member

I've had some CRs for a few months now and love them.

Same here.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Are they worth an upgrade over my existing Juicys?

And whats the downgraded Elixir 5 (or 3?) like?? Or is it just a lack of adjustment features?

therealhoops
    Free Member

I like 'em. Huge stoppingness and have already survived their first ground interface. I'd bleed them straight out the box if possible.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Have got CR's and R's.
    Both are excellent brakes, although I don't think the CR's are worth the extra.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Avid elixir R’ is closed to new replies.