Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Avid Bleed Kit
  • Taff
    Free Member

Quick and easy one, can any one give me the link to the good ‘n’ cheap bleed kits please?

Drac

Ebay?

Northwind

Epic, on ebay

Slogo
    Free Member
    Taff
    Free Member

Thanks guys, ordered an Epic kit.

Question though, I though Dot fluid cause the expansion of the syringe rubbers?!

boxxer7
    Free Member

I found the little o rings that epic use on their brass fittings swelled up and ended up too big. But they can be replaced easily, looking at Avids kit the use a better brass fitting with no o ring.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Thanks for the referrals guys. Just to clarify, our kit uses the exact same o-rings as the official Avid kit. These o-rings are 100% compatible with DOT brake fluid and should not swell.

Please rinse your bleed kit with water and allow to dry thoroughly before its next use. This will maintain the lifespan of the kit significantly. If you leave the syringes with fluid in them post-bleed, corrosion of the rubber may take place.

patriotpro
    Free Member

ebs – the tubes that screw in to the brake lever/caliper need a some kind of nut to grip on to.

In their current state they are frustrating to use specially once you factor in fluid, gloves and rubber tubing with nothing to grip on to.

The bottles need wider necks too as once you get about past the top quarter of the bottle it’s nigh on impossible to fill the syringe without emptying out in to another container.

Other than that good work for doing at the price you do.

Taff
    Free Member

Was wondering what I was meant to do after use. Thanks for that. You’ve marked it as shipped so ‘looking forward’ to bleeding the Avids!!

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Patriotpro, our bleed adaptors do have a knurled section to grip onto to aid screwing and untightening. If you have one of our very old kits you may find them fiddly to use but we addressed this issue a long time ago.

As for the bottles we understand that they’re a problem and we’ve already sourced a supplier of wide neck bottles. Once our current stock has been exhausted we will be making that change also. In the meantime if you tilt the bottle and draw fluid from the shoulder of the bottle. This negates the need to empty into another container.

Thanks you for the feedback. 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Bled my mates brakes tonight first time. Was surprised at how easy it was… not lpoking forward to doing my Elixirs though

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Avid Bleed Kit’ is closed to new replies.