Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Avid bleed kit
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got a set of avid codes to bleed and wondering if it’s necessary to spend £35 on an avid bleed kit? Seems steep for a couple of syringes and bottle of fluid – was wondering if anyone had any other solutions?

Cheers

JonBurns
    Free Member

There is a seller on ebay “epic solutions” which do bleed kit for bikes for around £10. Full kit and was really good up until Sunday when I bled my brakes the hose came off the syrunge and I sprayed dot 5.1 all over the garage. So I’d say it’s a good product but let down by the plastic tubing which seems to suffer from the clips and also where it attaches to the syringe.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks Jon – I’ll give that a look now.

Cheers

jimster
    Free Member
    nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers Jim – pics aren’t getting thru on work laptop security thing, but I will certainly have a gander at this when I get home!

TiRed

I bought one of the epic bleed kits from ebay. Fast delivery, clear instructions and worked first time without incident. This from an absolute beginner.

gearfreak
    Free Member

http://www.reddogracing.co.uk/ Do some good kits, pretty much the same as the std avid kits. If you have multiple sets to bleed the avid pro kit is expensive but works soooo much better.

higthepig
    Free Member

I bought one of the epic bleed kits from ebay. Fast delivery, clear instructions and worked first time without incident.

+1, I’m another satified customer!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Reddogracing kits are perfect for the job!

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies guys! One more thing – as the brakes are on a bike purhcased 2nd hand I have no idea whether its dot 4 or 5.1 I’ll need and what difference it will make? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

doesn’t really make a difference in terms of Dot 4 or 5.1 IMO, also no point getting a bleed kit when all you need is a length of clear rubber tube (got an off cut from local bike shop for free)and a little pot to catch the fluid in – i rekon even a mug would work – if you want to use a syringe Boots sell them for 95p.

nickewen
    Free Member

Reddogracing dot 5.1 kit ordered. Cheers STW’ers!

vancoughcough
    Free Member

The ebay kits are almost identical and come with some better fittings. I have both the avid one and an ebay one. I attach different fittings to it when I bleed my Hayes.

mulacs

+1 for reddog! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Avid bleed kit’ is closed to new replies.