Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Avid 180mm Rotor Adaptor?
  • Freester

I have a front Avid Juicy 3 currently connected to an IS mount Fox Talas 32 with a 160 rotor and standard Avid IS 160mm connector.

I want to fix this brake to some RS Pikes (also IS mount) and a 180mm rotor. I am really confused how to do this. It appears Avid only make a 185mm connector (not 180mm). Hope make a +20mm IS to IS adaptor which I guess would work?

Any other options? Is the Avid connection actually a Post sized fitting? Will any 180mm IS to Post wanger work?!

catsplums
    Free Member

could get a avid 185 adaptor and then take out the avid semi circluar shims and use a few washers to space it that should loose the 2.5mm would need.

catsplums
    Free Member

or just buy a 185 disc and adaptor 🙂

Crell
    Free Member

I use a Shimano 180 adaptor on CR mags. Works fine.

MartynS

My Pikes have a shimano 180mm IS adapter with a 185mm rotor from a juciy 7

It looks like there is just another small washer in the stack to give the required clearance

I’m trying to swap my forks to some post mount fox vanillas and can I get a 185mm post-post…. no I bloody can’t (well I can, its on order but its been a pain to sort out

Freester

Right, thanks for the replies.

So what we are saying is something like this will do the job if I remove the 160mm adaptor on it at the moment?

catsplums
    Free Member

avid caliper with shims between caliper and mountdon’t forget some of the above replies are using a 185 rotor not the 180 so you will need to loose a bit of distance by removing the semi circular shims if you use a 180 mount in my opinion.

Freester

So replace the bit in red with the Shimano 180 adaptor?

MartynS

yes…and remember to put it on the right way up.. it says “up” on it..

I reckon your lbs will have a 180mm rather than wait for CRC

craig1975
    Free Member

I use 180mm superstar rotors with avid code and juicy brakes, all i do is take out a washer from the mount, works a treat, been running this for a year with no probs

Freester

Thanks Chaps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Avid 180mm Rotor Adaptor?’ is closed to new replies.