Viewing 4 posts - 321 through 324 (of 324 total)
  • autumn international rugby
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Scotland do have a greatly improving pack, no doubt. Their main problem is highlighted by this table. They managed only one try in the Autumn – a well-worked training ground move from set piece against Samoa that I witnessed as I froze my a*** off at Pittodrie.

The team that scores more tries usually wins. A strong pack doesn’t normally earn you the win without some other factors. Just look at the French pack crushing the Wallabies in the first half. Didn’t help much did it?

I’d like to see the Scots be able to cut loose but can’t see it TBH. Especially with the sad loss of Thom Evans.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Glitchy forum bump

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Namastebuzz- there is no doubt. You could easily argue for the inclusion of lots of the scots forwards in a NH select / lions team but even the most one eyed of scots fans would not argue the same for the backs!

A stand off who can throw an attacking pass would help, but it would still get stuck at inside centre 🙂 Being a scots winger ATM mus tbe a dull task

Weir looks the man for the future in the no 10 shirt but he is out for 3 months now.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s purely the stand off who can dictate whether a team can play good running rugby or not. Sure, having a Carlos Spencer type helps but if you have an attacking scrum half and centres and the whole mindset of the team is to try and score tries then any half decent no.10 should be able to make a fist of it.

Ireland have played some good stuff with Ronan O’Gara at the helm over the years after all.

I’m just looking forward to some half decent 6N games this time round after some pretty poor ones last time. Sco/Eng has to be one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. Mind you, Wal/Sco was one of the most exciting ever – unless you were a Jock!

Anyone know the deal with Euan Murray – he’s left Northampton “by mutual consent”. No mention of who he’s going to?

Viewing 4 posts - 321 through 324 (of 324 total)

The topic ‘autumn international rugby’ is closed to new replies.