Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Autumn and spring gloves, what are people using?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looking for something to replace my very threadbare Specialized gloves. Don’t know what they were called but they are a bit like a warmer Ridge glove with Thinsulate. I have worn these loads and find them warm enough for most of the winter unless it’s really cold or cold and wet. I have some Sealskins which get very little use as I find them too warm. So i’m looking for something with a bit of insulation but breathable with good feel, so not waterproof and probably not windproof as I find them a bit stiff. Am I being too fussy?

simondbarnes

I’m using Spesh Deflect but they’re windproof so possibly not what you’re after.

motozulu
    Free Member

I’ve been using these for about a month now and they are great – still warm even when wet. Obv not been in really cold conditions yet but they feel well insulated but with plenty of feel too. I’d nave no probs recommending them.

iainc
    clubber
    Free Member
    stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Not too keen on Endura stuff anymore and don’t want waterproof. Tried those madison ones on and wasn’t that keen on the fit and feel. Keep em coming. My mate has the Deflect gloves and likes them so they might be the ones if I can find them.

lunge

I’ve got the planet x ones they were going in s bundle recently. I like them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I like the older aldi “biking” glove thinner wind proof only

Wear them alot of the year on early morning commute

The new aldi glove is much thicker and winter specific.

iainc

the gore ones I linked to are very comfy – I use Spesh ridge in the summer and have just switched to these as it’s a bit cooler. I also have a pair of Deflects but don’t really use them now I have the Gore’s, although poss will once it gets a bit colder, depending how the Gore’s work when temp drops.

Frankers
    Free Member

I ordered the Gore power gloves from Wiggle as they are on offer, I sent them straight back as they didn’t seem any better or warmer than Troy Lee XC gloves

I’ve always been happy with my Specialized deflect gloves in Spring and Autumn so gonna buy a new pair of them

They are available from the Bike Glove Store

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Which planet x ones?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Gavia

gren
    Free Member

Gore Powers are my winter gloves. Really comfy and great for all but the coldest days. Zero impact protection though

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just got some Gore Powers and am a bit dubious about them. Look very much like a summer glove. Not sure whether to try them or send them back.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Autumn and spring gloves, what are people using?’ is closed to new replies.