Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Automix Software?
  • rwc03
    Free Member

Does any free software exist or am I asking too much?

Doing a playlist for friend’s event tomorrow, and it would be nice to get a smooth transition between the tracks

awh
    Free Member

Have a look at Virtual DJ Free.

grum
    Free Member

itunes crossfades tracks. I’d be surprised if anything will auto-beatmatch for you.

awh
    Free Member

Virtual DJ will! It’ll need to calculate all the BPMs first and you might need to put a cue point on beat 1. House and techno are fine, it can’t do breaks very well though!

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I meant do it where you literally just gave it a playlist and let it go – auto BPM detection is pretty good these days but works better on tracks with very formulaic intros.

retro83
    Free Member

awh – Member
    Virtual DJ will! It’ll need to calculate all the BPMs first and you might need to put a cue point on beat 1. House and techno are fine, it can’t do breaks very well though!

Amazing bit of software. My turntables have been stashed in the cupboard in favour of it.

grum – Member
    Yeah I meant do it where you literally just gave it a playlist and let it go – auto BPM detection is pretty good these days but works better on tracks with very formulaic intros.

Yes it will do that, even where it gets the cue point wrong, it still sounds mostly okay. Certainly better than most club dejays nowadays (this was all fields…)

rwc03
    Free Member

Just giving it a go now, seems pretty good for free software. Some of the fades aren’t quite right but it’s better than sticking on itunes.

Thanks for the recommendation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Automix Software?’ is closed to new replies.