Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Automatic door closer adjustment
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

Wondering if anyone could help me. My automatic door closer basically slams shut instead of closing softly. There are two screws on the side labelled 1 and 2, but I think they may be for to the hydraulics… I’m not sure. Any help would be appreciated. The model I think is a Briton 121 CE.SES

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p206x206/969567_10152845760075711_1782380501_n.jpg[/img]

project
    Free Member

one screw adjusts the slam function that overcomes the latch, so it closes slowly and then speeds up or slams, the other screw adjusts the speed of closure either fast or slow, .

DONT ADJUST SCREW TO FAR OUT OR OIL WILL SQUIRT OUT.

The small insignificant barrel bolt will not stop anyone getting in.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The screws will be the damping adjustment, one high-speed, one low-speed…no just kidding.

They will be the adjusters you need, one for open one for close, you just need to find out which one is which and adjust to suit.

konabunny
    Free Member

If it is the same as mine, you just need to adjust the screws with a screwdriver. One controls how quickly the door shuts from wide open to ajar, and then the other controls how firmly the door shuts the last 30cm or so. You just need to experiment. I like a door to close relatively slowly but firmly.

footstomper
    Free Member

One is for the speed of the door closing the other is to bring the door upto your casing. Usually you adjust the speeds by screwing clockwise for slow & counter clockwise for faster.
    Just open the door let it close then adjust until you are happy with the closing speed & same with the other screw.

Cougar

One is the “most of the travel” screw and the other is the “last few inches” screw. So you can have it close quickly apart from the last bit where it slows down. I think.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

The small insignificant barrel bolt will not stop anyone getting in.

Wasn’t put there by me, I’m not that stupid 8)

Thanks just had a fiddle and I’ve sorted it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Automatic door closer adjustment’ is closed to new replies.