Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Auto watch regulation – Tickoprint.
  • Wally

Anybody use Tickoprint, WatchCheck or WildSpectra Mobile Lite?
    Or even uses a cheap ebay Timegrapher?

Any hints/advice? (like take in to someone who knows what they are doing!)
    Loupe and 0.6mm Bergeon screwdriver ordered…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Depends on the watch. If a Seiko 5 then go for it. If a Patek Philippe then maybe not.

nickdavies

Regulation with an app like that doesn’t really work – you don’t know how it will run in different positions. Good for a general idea but if it’s slowed perceptibley, then set it against a computer and wear it for a couple of days. Then make a very small adjustment (literally if you see it move you’ve gone too far, then repeat daily until it’s close.

If it’s a half decent watch I wouldn’t touch it – if it’s not been recently serviced it’ll probably need one. Generally regulation is done after a service and then when it goes out again it’s service time.

Wally

Watchcheck shows that it is 30 seconds slow. Tickoprint shows the beat error to be very small (flat lines, almost on top of each other, sloping downwards) and also 30 seconds slow and it’s 30 seconds slow every day for the last week on the wrist worn every day. Just thought I would have a go with the micro adjustment on the regulation with the watch stopped. Story is it was serviced four weeks ago and fresh to market from original owner.

Omega Seamaster 1962 – so a little risky! 552 movement with tiny horizontal screw to screw outwards a very small amount.

CountZero

Good for a general idea but if it’s slowed perceptibley, then set it against a computer and wear it for a couple of days. Then make a very small adjustment (literally if you see it move you’ve gone too far, then repeat daily until it’s close.

Exactly what I did with my Seiko SPORK, it was gaining lots, at least a minute a month, so I asked a mate who’s a goldsmith and does a bit of work on watches, but after he had a couple of goes it was just as far out, so I bought the appropriate case back opening tools from Maplin and had a couple of goes myself, the second attempt went far too far, so I nudged it back very slightly, closed it up and kept an eye on it, and it gained around thirty seconds over six months, which I thought was acceptable.
    It’s now gone out again, just over a minute slow since the clocks went forward, but it’s a few years old now, so I figure a service might be in order, so when I pick up my Yema from the people who’ve been fixing and servicing it I’ll ask them to look over my Seiko.
    People I’m using are Deacon & Son, in Marlborough, they also have branches in Swindon and Royal Wootton Bassett, they have actual watch makers, two of whom were in Switzerland undergoing training when I phoned them a week or so ago, so I think they might have a bit of a clue about fixing mechanical watches.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Might be worth checking it’s not become magnetised. If you do want to adjust it then be careful as a slip can prove expensive.

nickdavies

If it was serviced 4 weeks ago then send it back for correction. Dont open it, it’s not your issue to put right and you risk making it worse when there is no point. Assuming it went to an omega agent it’s 2 years, something of that age really should be done properly by them. Don’t expect perfection though – I would say if you got it to within 10-15 seconds a day slow worn that would be ok for a watch of that age.

CountZero

Deacons said the current time keeping of my Seiko would be good for a Rolex!
    I’ll leave it alone until it gets to around five minutes over the same period.
    It’ll be interesting to see how well my Yema does now it’s been mended and serviced, for the first time since 1970!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Auto watch regulation – Tickoprint.’ is closed to new replies.