Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Auto adjusting BB7
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

It could be time to go hydraulic, I have run BB7's on my commuter for over a year now and decided a wek ago that the weather requires closed toe sandals instead of my SPD shoes. It seems every ride I manage to catch the adjusting wheel of the rear caliper with my heel (got horizontal DO's so the caliper is closer to the arc of the pedal). Any one got a cure to lock the adjuster in place? or do I look for for new brakes or SPD sandals?

5lab

could you not space out the bb a bit? if you've got a 68mm bb width you could whack a spacer on the outside with most external bbs?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

😯 have you got 20" wheels or something? I pinged the red cap off mine accidentally and lost the spring thing inside, so mine freely spins, but I never have a problem with it auto adjusting.

Bit of gaffa tape over the top?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had this problem, never solved it though! (New bike now :D)

Insulating tape?

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Yeah tape looks the way to go for now. Or perhaps a tiny little rear rotor, to get the caliper further back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good call on the rotor if it will work.

druidh
    Free Member

Hmm – can you get adapters to adjust a 160mm mount to 140mm???

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

How about some kind of L-shaped guard that you could snug under the caliper bolts in place of the washers? Might be neater.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I like the guard idea, as I dont know weather they do 140 centre lock rotors. I have plenty of fabricating kit at work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Auto adjusting BB7’ is closed to new replies.