Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Australian [motor-racing] fans face booze limit
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Limited to 24 cans of Lager or 4 litres of wine per day.

Spectators at the Bathurst 1000 – a three-day race meeting staged this week – will be told to stick to just the one "slab" of beer while at the racetrack.

Wine-drinkers must also show restraint, facing a four litres per day limit.

How will they cope?

Marge
    Free Member

Wish I was there 🙂
    My favourite motorsport event of the year…

vernon-sez
    Free Member

mmmmm. beeer

glenh
    Free Member

Crap, only 53 units a day? How will they possibly keep their livers in a job?

jon1973
    Free Member

How much does beer/alcohol cost in Aus?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

the same limit was placed on attendees of Bloodstock festival – one slab of beer per person per day. reduced on Saturday to no alcohol at all past the entrance gate resulting in a near riot as everyone had popped down the road to Tesco get more, and had just hiked the mile from the car park to entrance to be told no more alcohol allowed.

tho widely thought to encourage folk to by slabs onsite – at £30 for 24 cans of carling, or beer at the bar (at £3.50 per pint – Hobgoblin or Carling)
    oh and no alcohol to be taken from the camping areas into the arena (only alcohol bought at the bar to be drunk in the arena)

Offroading
    Free Member

Beer in Aus is REAL expensive. My brother has just come back from an 8 month tour there. Average price per pint was £7 some places £9 It's due to the tax each "state" puts in place.

Thing is though that's not great. I was out Saturday night and had 25 beers and i walked home 3 miles and was back up 4 hours later 😀

samuri
    Free Member

I must be missing something here. Just how much beer in a day does an Autralian need to drink to become violent? If 24 cans isn't doing the job, surely it's never going to happen.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Australian [motor-racing] fans face booze limit’ is closed to new replies.