Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Aurora Watch RED Alert
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Any decentish darkish sky sites round the central belt? I know it’s moon on a stick material.

druidh
    Free Member

Have you seen any of the photos from last nights Aurora?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Just a few on the BBC site.

Drac

Check their Flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/aurorawatch

racefaceec90

will it be possible to see from devizes wilts?would love to see the aurora 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Pentlands be worth a go? Perhaps have a bivvy out up a hill if anyone else might be interested.

soobalias
    Free Member

am i reading the dates wrong on the aurora watch site, or was that last night…

Drac

It was last night but sometimes they follow.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member
    soobalias
    Free Member

ah, i see, cheers Drac.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Scunnered I missed it. Edinburgh, got the email amber alert and looked out but the wee bit broken cloud in the sky was getting lit up by the bloomin’ Eye of Mordor that is the flare at Mossmorran in Fife so figured I wouldn’t see owt. Then saw the red alert this morning in my email, wish I’d persevered in case I’d seen anything. Some nice pics about of last night’s display.

bigjim

Yeah this alert was for last night. I’ve thought about going up the Pentlands but you have both the glare of the city to the north of the hills and as has been pointed out the glow from Mossmorran.

CountZero

At the moment I’m at 337ft, according to Theodolite Pro, and all I can see past the house across the yard is cloud. I can barely see into the field the other side of the house, so I would guess the chances of me seeing anything at all from down here in South Devon are a big, fat zero. Sadly.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Ah right aye, I see my mistake now. I havent been picking up the Aurora alerts for a while, so this current lot are in a different format – red and amber alerts used to cover a 3 day period.

druidh
    Free Member

You often get a “bounce” the night after a big CME hits the atmosphere.

birky
    Free Member

Saw it last night NW of Dundee. My pics were a bit crap though 🙁

wisepranker
    Free Member

Awesome stuff, I’ve always wanted to see the aurora.
    Hopefully there’ll still be plenty if activity this weekend as I’m off up to the Lake District 😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

Looks like I picked a good night for riding Gisburn!

piemonster

Goddamit, can’t believed I missed that

@Birky, where about where you for that?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Aurora Watch RED Alert’ is closed to new replies.