Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Audio Books – Whats the best way?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

We want to play the kids audio books on the way to school rather than let them sit on their Nintendo DS. Whats the best way of buying them? Will likely use a iPod if there is a handy way of downloading them.

I had a look at Amazon’s Audible site but they want £15 a month to listen to 2 books max. That sounds like an awful lot no? Any other ways of doing this?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I use the £15 audible thing but because I’m cheap I make sure I buy 36hr long unabridged epics to get my moneys worth.

If you’re buying for kids you might be better off just buying as and when you want a new book. The shorter the books the cheaper they are generally, plus you get more offers etc whereas with my £15 a month I don’t get much else.

scaled
    Free Member

Back in my day we used to get them from the library 😀

househusband

Audible here, too – used to get through two long books a month easily but have moved much closer to work so down to the one a month plan. If there’s a book that takes your fancy the it is worth comparing to iTunes.

crawf44
    Free Member

Big selection at our local library, some mp3 but mostly cd. Copy to hard drive for replay after returned. I have been caught listening to ‘the coming of dragons’ of my own volition.
    Other than that it’s iTunes for us

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Audio Books – Whats the best way?’ is closed to new replies.