Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Audi Q7 Drivers have especially low IQ’s!
  • porterclough
    Free Member

I’d never try and interfere with somebody passing me, but if I feel I’m going a comfortable speed for the road/conditions/limit/whatever then the fact that somebody behind wants to go faster doesn’t make me a bad driver.

If there’s a queue forming beind you then you should pull over when safe to do so to allow people to pass. Like it says in the highway code.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m not talking about trundling along at 30 when the more appropriate speed is 60 with 20 cars behind me. I’m taking issue with the implication that if, say, I’m doing 60 on a country road I don’t know very well and I don’t think I can safely go too much faster, then I’m a bad driver because some idiot in a BMW 2 feet behind me with his high beams on wants to do 80.

FWIW I do pull over to let people past, depending on the situation obviously- it’s common courtesy if nothing else. Sadly that courtesy is lacking in drivers who just see other people on the road as obstacles.

Spongebob
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

This is about stupid women with too much money and time on their hands and who have never done a day’s graft in their soft mollycoddled lives.

Possibly not, they could be lawyers on maternity leave, enjoying the break. Or any number of things, but I suppose that wouldnt make a fun thread title would it

Erm, no, neither of them work. Never have done. The Q7 driver has recently switched from a Range Rover 4.6HSE.

No pics. That would be very pervy! 😆

Jakester
    Free Member

I had someone in a VW Phaeton try and kill my wife and I on the M6.

We were driving in the outside lane (that’s the “fast” one, yes?) at a fair clip, overtaking slower moving traffic that was in the other two lanes. Nothing dangerous, but there wasn’t much room to pull in, so we continued along with the Phaeton driver (middle-aged, captain of industry no doubt) right up the backside of the car, gesticulating wildly and flashing his lights.

There was nowhere for us to go without barging into the middle lane, so we continued in this vein until a gap appeared in the traffic. I signalled and moved over, at which point he overtook and slammed his brakes on and swerved across our path.

Had I not been half-expecting a such a wuckfittish maneouvre, we would have been dead. As it was, I had to perform an emergency stop in the middle lane and swerve into the inside lane, causing other cars to also swerve into the hard shoulder etc.

I’ve seem some god-awful driving in my time – I live in Birmingham – but someone actively trying to kill me was a new one.

I followed him for some distance through the traffic, intending to remonstrate with him at length and possibly with some considerable vehmence – he was getting really worried through the 50mph average speed section, to the point he actually accelerated away over the limit through
    the roadworks – another example of his cockishness. Because of the volume of traffic, though, we kept ending up behind him. It was great to see him looking behind him in a panic!

My wife pursuaded me to leave it and report it to the police – who, predictably, couldn’t be bothered. Never been in a position where someone actively tried to kill us before though!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re just too damn slow Jakester – must try harder!

Remarkably, being a spirited driver, I dont see the need to be agressive etc in the outside lane with a fast car – owning a fast car makes it a joy to accelerate and brake, if someone gets in my way I may well flash them if they’re hovering for no reason with masses of space to the left (lane hogging) but usually I’ll just sit back and wait for my chance to hoof it 🙂

I was once “boxed” in by two ‘tards in civics who obviously wanted a “race”. They were inside and middle, 2am nigh-empty motorway. I pulled to the outside to pass them (only doing 70ish) and they both moved over leaving the inside empty. So I returned to the middle and waited for them to decide what they wanted to do. This jig occurred a few times so I simply drove to within 1m of the rear of one of them and edged forward. They both started to accelerate away so I backed right off down to 50-ish and hoped they’d give up. They didn’t, so I repeated the manouvre and kept on accelerating until their piffly little wheeze-boxes could give no more and they had to pull over or be run off the road.

Not sure where I was going with that thought, but I was reminded of it and it annoyed me again just thinking of it.

alwyn
    Free Member

You’re right. One went through a very clear red light just infront of me earlier.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Is this some offshoot of pistonheads?

To think i even read peoples comments on here about my driving. Yeah right

Spongebob
    Free Member

I remember back in the 90’s. I was doing 80mph in the fast lane on the M25 with nowhere else to move to, but had some big guy in a Volvo 2-3 feet off my bumper flashing me after flying up behind me. I saw him coming and estimated he’d been doing 120mph plus. He kept it up for over a minute before I had a chance to get over. This has happened a few times over the 950,000-1000,000 miles i’ve been driving.

That sort of behaviour makes me feel like I want to become insanely violent – these cxxks treat your life as if it was completely expendable! This is the reason why we have a road rage problem – aggressive drivers threaten lives! When caught, i’d have these idiots’ licenses revoked for at least a year after which they would have to undergo a highly rigourous test to get a new license – a license that permanently indicated they were a risk to the public. I’d hope that insurers raised their premiums to several times the value of their car to put them off behaving like this in the first place. Aggressive driving in my view is a vastly more serious offence than drink driving – not that I condone drink driving in any way.

Every now and then, “Mr Braindead little cxxk big ego” rocks up and intimidates me and others. He always get away with it and reporting such offences is totally futile in my experience.

I am so glad I don’t have to drive much these days. I have become one of these people with zero tolerance if provoked by very aggressive driving. I manage to keep calm and drive sedately, but with purpose and smoothly. This is made very difficult, impossible every now and then.

Why don’t the autorities do something about this problem instead of penalising motorists who fail to spot a very conservative speed limit and get caught by the inevitable speed trap that follows?

People who choose big cars like Audi Q7’s often do so to allow themselves to bully and intimidate other road users. These vehicles are unsafe for all, incompatible with our roads and other vehicles, gross , a greater risk to pedestrians, massge the inflated egos of trully diminutive people. You don’t need a big car to be Mr Big!

Peregrine
    Free Member

When cycling to work i some times speed up when cars try to pass – am i a bad person?

Occasionally i even over take cars that are moving slower than i want to travel – surely this makes me a bad person?

zokes
    Free Member

When cycling to work i some times speed up when cars try to pass – am i a bad person?

I’m surprised it doesn’t make you a dead person. Put yourself in the shoes of the driver who is overtaking, but is now faced with a choice (through your poor riding and their poor driving) of either a head-on with another car, or shunting a cocky cyclist off the road.

I’d rather not make them ask that question as a cyclist….

Shandy
    Free Member

Mr Salmon I was suggesting that actively preventing other drivers from overtaking you is bad driving.

The prime example in the UK is dual carriageways and motorways. As a nation our lane discipline is rubbish. On the continent slower drivers are a lot happier to move over and as a result the traffic flows a lot better. Overtaking lanes are often a shambles as two lorries decide to duke it out in a 55mph drag race whilst everybody else waits in line.

I never suggested driving up anybody’s arse or flashing lights, I find both annoying. Next time you’re on a country road you’re not familiar with don’t get worked up on my account. 😆

rich-6
    Free Member

Occasionally i even over take cars that are moving slower than i want to travel – surely this makes me a bad person?

I speed up so they dont overtake me in a daft place, The amount of people who try overtake coming up to junctions and blind corners is bloody stupid

Jakester
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member
    Sounds like you’re just too damn slow Jakester – must try harder!

LOL – I wouldn’t describe my driving as slow – not in my Octavia VRS! 😈 I think he objected to a Skoda being in front of him… 😉

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Remarkably, being a spirited driver, I dont…

Do you also partake in “committed helmsmanship” perchance?….LOL Hobo I think you’re right, must be an overlap with Pistonheads in here

As a nation our lane discipline is rubbish

That’s one thing I DEFINITELY agree with ,and am amazed the police never sort it out.

Who here honestly “keeps left unless overtaking”? I reckon it’s under 10% of people at best.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Mr Salmon I was suggesting that actively preventing other drivers from overtaking you is bad driving.

The prime example in the UK is dual carriageways and motorways. As a nation our lane discipline is rubbish. On the continent slower drivers are a lot happier to move over and as a result the traffic flows a lot better. Overtaking lanes are often a shambles as two lorries decide to duke it out in a 55mph drag race whilst everybody else waits in line.

I never suggested driving up anybody’s arse or flashing lights, I find both annoying. Next time you’re on a country road you’re not familiar with don’t get worked up on my account.

We’re in agreement then! 🙂 The point I was rather badly trying to make is that what’s “fast enough” is pretty subjective and that there’ll always be somebody around whose interpretation is very different (not counting extreme examples of course).

I don’t drive very often so haven’t really developed the getting-worked-up mentality yet!

Pook

ooOOoo
    Free Member

The Audi Q7 – It’s a solution in need of a problem

coffeeking
    Free Member

Do you also partake in “committed helmsmanship” perchance?….LOL Hobo I think you’re right, must be an overlap with Pistonheads in here

😀 Not sure I do (or even know exactly what it is)! lol

There is a definite overlap with pistonheads though, I know countless MTBers that love their petrol-fueled fun as much as biking – assuming they’re mutually exclusive is a schoolboy error! 🙂

Peregrine
    Free Member

Last week i rode on the pavement to avoid some trafic lights- does this make me a poor rider.

I feel such shame – perhaps i should hand my self into the police and confess all. Do they have mountain bikes in prison?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Last week i rode on the pavement to avoid some trafic lights- does this make me a poor rider.

Hell yes!

aP
    Free Member

The Q7 et al are surely now really only cars to sell to Chinese nouveau riche and Russian “businessmen”. What normal person drives one?

Shandy
    Free Member

There is a definite overlap with pistonheads though, I know countless MTBers that love their petrol-fueled fun as much as biking – assuming they’re mutually exclusive is a schoolboy error!

There are some very polarised opinions which is always makes for good rant potential.

There are a lot of “What Car” motoring threads about which diesel MPV to buy, which is all well and good. Its a wee bit frustrating that anybody posting pictures of a performance car eventually ends up in the dock for “willy-waving” or driving like an extra from Mad Max.

There is lots of bike-related willy waving and lets face it most of us are boring and sensible enough to form minimal risk to other motorists.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

coffeeking, I’m not entirely sure either, but I’m fairly sure it’s very similar to ‘spirited driving’ 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

Then it’s entirely possible!

@shandy – come on, you’re not expecting sensible answers and opinions on here surely, if you own anything other than a pedal powered go-kart you MUST be an eco-destructor and trying to murder small children with your devil-inspired box on wheels! Half the people on here are far too busy polishing their bikes for the next “show us your bike” thread to care about forming sensible answers! (me included).

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Audi Q7 Drivers have especially low IQ’s!’ is closed to new replies.